Writing Captivating Content for Speeches and Presentations
What you'll learn
- Choosing the speech format that works best for you.
- How to structure a speech.
- Hot to ensure your speech stays 'on message'.
- How to serve your audience whilst getting what you want.
- How to turn passive listeners into active listeners by using Impact Points.
- How to open and close your speech.
- Editorial tips to make your speech dynamic and engaging.
- Bonus section - Delivery Tips and Dealing with Performance Nerves
- A can-do attitude!
- A willingness to put in some homework time.
- A desire to improve and succeed.
- Ideally have your speaking topic chosen already.
- An open-mind to new approaches
‘Confident public speaking comes from trusting your content.’
There’s a real art to writing an authentic speech that’s going to engage, entertain and impress your audience - whilst most importantly, serving you, the speaker. This course is designed to help you create a speech that does just that.
What’s more, this valuable preparation will help give you the confidence you need to deliver your speech with ease and authenticity.
Here’s how we’ll work:
We’ll build your speech in a simple three draft structure. Lecture by lecture, I’ll help you work through three, easy, task-driven steps:
CREATING ESSENTIAL CORE CONTENT
By answering some groundwork questions you’ll write Draft 1 whilst learning
How to serve your audience whilst getting what you want.
How to ensure your speech stays 'on message’.
How to ensure maximum impact
USING ADD-ONS AND IMPACT POINTS TO ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE
Here’s where you get to have fun and be creative, adding that extra layer whilst learning:
How to turn passive listeners into active listeners.
How to be funny and engaging
The power of storytelling
How to use your audience to your advantage
How to open and close your speech.
Plus many other useful tips.
Here’s where you finish your speech by applying simple editing and linguistic techniques, shaping and making your speech as dynamic and impactful as possible.
And that’s it! Just three simple steps to get you feeling prepared, stress free and confident with your material.
Whats more, at the end you also get a FREE BONUS SECTION:
‘Delivery Tips and Dealing with Performance Nerves’
to help guide you towards the next step of your public speaking journey.
Start your simple, 3 Step journey to writing a captivating speech today!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to improve their speech writing ability.
- People called upon to recruit, persuade, challenge, reprimand, encourage, pacify and inspire.
- Students with presentations to give.
- Speakers delivering to staff, colleagues or the general public.
- Businessmen/Businesswomen speaking about process, protocol, vision, updates or forthcoming changes.
- CEO's and presentation givers.
- Teachers giving speeches to parents, students, at social and public events.
- Medical professionals delivering lectures.
- Event speakers.
- ...a great skill to have for those impromptu moments when called upon to speak at a moments notice!
Ellis is an experienced actor, roleplayer, facilitator, consultant and workshop leader with over twenty years experience in the UK and Internationally.
Working with clients ranging from CEO’s, businessmen/women, teachers, doctors and headmasters, to creatives, young people and children, Ellis brings a fun, creative approach to both individuals and groups. Areas include; Communication, Personal impact and Linguistics training. Public Speaking; content creation, authentic delivery and nerve management. 1-2-1 and group consultancy. Change Management. Forum theatre facilitation. Roleplay and simulation work. Corporate film and forum theatre writing. He is also a Creativity, Brainstorming and Storytelling specialist.
Clients include: The Royal College of General Practitioners, The General Medical Council, KSS Deanery, Spektrix, Google, Allianz, Commerzbank, TFL, National Rail, UBS, Royal Mail, Moorson Coors and many Drama Schools,.
He is also a writer, director, theatre maker, voice-over artist and creative facilitator.
As an actor, Ellis trained at The Guildford School of Acting, winning the GSA Acting Award and bursary’s from Sir Michael Redgrave and Sir Anthony Hopkins. He has appeared in numerous West End, regional, national and international theatre productions, along with appearing in tv, film, commercials and corporate films. He is a member of The Authentic Artist Collective.
Passionate about collaborative theatre making and theatre for young people, Ellis’ writing, directing, devising and theatre making clients includes; British Youth Music Theatre UK, Haringey Shed, The Little Company, Singapore Repertory Theatre, numerous Drama Schools, colleges, Youth Theatres and many independent events.
Ellis runs creativity workshops for school teachers promoting cross-curricular creative practice in classrooms through, storytelling, drama games and exercises. He also founded and runs The Generate Space, offering Tickle My Epic! workshops, which facilitates the generation of artistic material through stimuli based exercises. Other workshops include; Devising Theatre, Theatre Directing and Drama Games & Exercises for Teamwork.