Write on Target: Better Business Writing for Results
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write with clarity, ease, and confidence
- Communicate more effectively and precisely articulate ideas and information in written form
- Create written documents with minimal grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors
- Write and create letters, proposals, reports, brochures, and other written documents that are polished and perfected
- Organize ideas and information in a meaningful and helpful way before starting to write
- Students should have a working knowledge of the English language.
- A .pdf reader is needed as well as word processing software
If you want to compose more eloquent prose to produce better results in your work, Write on Target is for you! This course will transform you into a more effective writer by helping you investigate both the science and the art of writing. Writing is necessary in nearly every job and good writing is critical to professional success. If your employment requires you to use formal or informal writing on a regular basis, this class will help you polish and perfect your writing skills—boosting your professional image and impact. Other writers, such as students, essayists, and bloggers, will also benefit from the information provided in this course.
Write on Target includes 33 fun and informative videos, five practical exercises, and four worksheets to help you master the concepts of good (and even great!) writing. In addition to learning about writing composition, this class offers a refresher of the most critical grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules you learned—but may have forgotten—while a student.
You don't have to be a "writer" to write well. It is a skill that can be developed over time through effort and practice. If you can think and speak, you can write, too! By completing this informative and engaging class, you will be prepared to write with ease and clarity in any work setting.
About your friendly facilitator: Jessica R. Dreistadt is an accomplished writer who has written ten books. She manages two blogs and also contributes to Huffington Post. She has taught in the business department at DeSales University for seven years. In addition, she has worked in the nonprofit sector for over 15 years and holds master’s degrees in nonprofit management and sociology. Jessica is the founding director of The Fruition Coalition.
- This course is for busy professionals, students, and casual writers who want to improve their writing skills. If you find yourself struggling to put words on the page or want to improve the impact of your writing, then this class is for you.
- Do you find yourself confused by commas? Puzzled by prepositions? Write on Target will help clarify all of the punctuation, grammar, and spelling rules needed to structure good and effective writing. In addition, you will learn strategies to improve the texture and feeling of your writing.
The introductory lesson will explain the structure of the class so you can make the most of your experience. Topics covered include:
- The purpose and expected outcomes of the class
- Strategies to successfully navigate and use the course content
- Identification of your unique learning goals
Through this lecture, you will better understand the relationship between writing and professionalism as well as the consequences of poor writing. In addition, you will learn how writing is a skill that can be developed through practice --- regardless of innate ability.
There are many ways to convey written messages. This lecture will help you choose the best means of delivery for each situation and to make the most of that platform. You will learn tips to more effectively communicate using:
- Marketing collateral
- Social Media
Writing is a relational practice, and everything you write is intended for a specific audience. In this lesson, you will learn how to better understand the various dimensions of your audience and be equipped with the skills needed to meet their needs and fulfill their desires through your writing.
Each writing piece has a unique rhythm and flow that provoke an intellectual and emotional reaction in your audience. In this class, you will:
- Learn how word choice, sentence structure, and punctuation influence the way your writing is perceived
- Find the rhythm and flow in others' writing
- Learn how to use literary devices to enhance your writing
Writers should make it easy for their readers to discover and understand their most important ideas. Too often, those ideas get lost in superfluous text that circumnavigates the main point. In this class, you will learn how to:
- Identify and articulate your main points
- Construct a thesis statement
- Make your specific ideas more clear to readers
Storytelling is often used in business writing, and you have a very important story to share. By better understanding how stories are constructed and applying this knowledge to your writing, your message will become more powerful. In this class, you will learn about the following story components so that you can better share your ideas with others:
- Tension and Resolution