Write your Screenplay with Final Draft 12
What you'll learn
- Plan and outline your story with the beat board and the outline editor
- Know how to create a format a script to industry standard
- Create and manage Script Elements like Scenes, Characters, Character Arcs, Notes, and more
- Know how to use Production Features to handle Script Changes during a shoot
- No prior experience with writing software needed. You should have general knowledge about opening, saving and copying files on Mac or Windows.
This is a thorough Final Draft course that will teach you a lot more than just the basics.
If you're fairly new to screenwriting, you will learn how screenplay software and screenplay formatting works, and in what way screenwriting software is different from other writing software that you might know (e.g. Microsoft Word).
You will learn to create correctly formatted screenplays.
You will also learn how to plan your story before you even start to write.
Final Draft offers man tools that can help you plan and organize your story, so you don't write yourself into a corner.
For users who already know and use Final Draft, this course will be a deep dive into practically all the features Final Draft has to offer.
It even includes Production Features, in case you plan to use Final Draft to handle your script changes during a shoot.
Get ready to take full advantage of the features of Final Draft that help you get your ideas on the page and hopefully on the movie screen or TV!
This course also includes two tutorials about how to use ready-made project templates (Mini Movie Method, John Truby), to jump-start your story from the get-go. (The templates are included as downloads.)
Who this course is for:
- For Beginners who want to learn Final Draft from scratch.
- For semi-advanced users who know the basics of Final Draft but don't use all the features.
BELA LAMPERT is an Optioned Screenwriter and Writing Software Instructor. He has years of writing and teaching experience and he has always been fascinated how technology can help boost your creativity. He is testing and using new and updated writing applications on a constant basis and writes about tips and tricks on how to use them on his blog. He’s intent on helping other writers achieve their best creative potential with the right tools and mindset.