Write your Screenplay with Celtx Software
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create professional looking scripts
- Plan and design your scenes with Celtx' storyboards
- Structure and organize your story with Index Cards
- Import the screenplays you already have into Celtx or export to other screenwriting applications
- No prior experience with screenwriting software needed. It helps though if you have basic computer knowledge like opening, saving, and copying files on your operating system (Windows or Mac).
Celtx is one of the easiest-to-use screenwriting applications (in my personal opinion).
This makes it perfect for beginners, who just want to start writing their screenplay, and who need a simple solution for creating a well-formatted script.
Don’t get fooled by the term „simple“, though.
Celtx is very easy to use, but it has all the functionality that you need to create a perfectly formatted script that you can hand to managers, agents, or production companies.
This course teaches you about all the screenwriting functionality that you can get on the free Celtx tier (at the time of this recording).
Celtx offers several subscription plans, depending on what kind of functionality you need. It also offers production features that integrate with the screenwriting application, in case you want to shoot your own short or even full-length movie.
(Production features are not part of this course.)
This makes Celtx a good choice for indie filmmakers, who want to use Celtx as their complete production suite.
The writing part of Celtx integrates well with the rest of the features, which makes production-planning much easier.
So, whether you want to use Celtx just for writing, or integrate with the rest of the production suite, this course takes you through all the important steps so you are able to produce a professional looking screenplay.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner screenwriters who are looking for an easy and flexible writing app like Celtx
- Experienced screenwriters who want (or have to) switch to Celtx from another screenwriting application.
- Filmmakers who use other Celtx tools (e.g. production planning) and want to learn how the screenwriting part works.
- Experiences screenwriters with basic knowledge of Celtx who want to get a thorough understanding about the application's functions.
BELA LAMPERT is an Optioned Screenwriter and Writing Software Instructor. He has years of writing and teaching experience and he has always been fascinated how technology can help boost your creativity. He is testing and using new and updated writing applications on a constant basis and writes about tips and tricks on how to use them on his blog. He’s intent on helping other writers achieve their best creative potential with the right tools and mindset.