Write Your Memoir In A Weekend: Putting Life in Life Stories
What you'll learn
- Imagine yourself being able to give your life story to loved ones as a gift. Can you picture how pleased they will be to have a written record of family stories and anecdotes. They will be able to share these stories for generations and be so grateful you took the time out of your busy life to think of them.
- You will be able to sort through the many stories and tales and recognize which ones you really want to describe in detail. You will be able to anchor time, place, events and what is going on in society at the time to paint a verbal picture for your reader.
- You do not need to be a writer to take this course. You do need to have a message or story you would like to tell. This will only require your willingness to look inward, put butt in chair, fingers on keyboard and just let it flow. We write fast and edit later. I hope you will enjoy this class as much as I enjoy teaching it to hundreds of people around the country who have wanted to write a short book fast. In the last segment, I will share how to go about publishing or having the book printed if you so desire. Please join us. You will always be glad you did.
Today more and more families are missing out of the valuable experiences of hanging out with grandparents and other members of an extended family. Life is so hectic. Over the next couple of generations, our children and their children--who have been raised on mass media rather than family stories and values sharing of important people in their lives--may come to know very little about their ancestry and traditions.
You live as long as your story is remembered.
This is a very intensive weekend project that will produce the bones of memoir writing or life story. There is a longer, more in-depth course on how to write a memoir in the works, but this will give you a great start and you may be satisfied with the finished product come Monday.</p>
Who this course is for:
- Baby-boomers, young professionals, grandparents, new parents, aunties, uncles and people who have a message to share with others.
- Writing about your life is very therapeutic and you may find after completing this course, you don't want to share the manuscript with anyone. You will find answers to life-long questions and a platform to express your thoughts and examine your life.
"Visiting with Judy is like having a cup of tea with a loving auntie"
Judy is a life educator, family & pet grief coach, and keynote speaker who has written more than 20 books, hundreds of articles and speaks internationally. She has recently began a new company Animal/Human/Connection, which will be an off shoot of Artichoke Press LLC.
This heartfelt business will train Pet Grief Coaches to work with those who are coping with the loss of a beloved pet. As a member of WIPIN (Women In The Pet Industry) and a radio host interviewing those in the pet industry, she has gained a great deal of expertise and insight.
Artichoke Press is not Judy's only self-starter project. Judy has owned and managed numerous small businesses, and her entrepreneurial experiences as a mother of six and a stay-at-home-mom is what prompted the National Association of Home-Based Moms (NAHBM) invite her to join their expert advisory council.
What's With The Artichoke?
The symbol of the artichoke has great meaning for Judy in her teaching and writing. As she works with families, she sees that frequently only the outer edges are exposed, which can be prickly and sometimes bitter to the taste. But, as you expose the artichoke and people to warmth, caring, and time, gradually the leaves begin to open and expose the real treasure--the heart.
The artichoke also became a teaching lesson when Judy, as a young military mother, moved her family into military housing in California to find a surprising collection of artichokes planted in their yard. Knowing it takes two years for the vegetable to grow, Judy realized the original gardener never saw the fruits of their labor, but planted the artichokes anyway. Judy was reminded by this experience that many times in life our actions toward others are felt by people we will never meet, but we plant the seeds of kindness anyway.
Be Part of the Animal Human Connection
Claim your copy of any number of books on the different websites and sign up to join our community of kind, thoughtful people who have respect for all, two-legged and four-legged.
People who resonate with the message of kindness, compassion and personal growth are special. They are the type of like-mided people we like to hang with. You will always be glad you became a part of the community.
You will enjoy Judy's approachable manner, wonderful storytelling and common- sense solutions gleaned from working with hundreds of families and organizations just like yours. Your encounter with Judy will leave you feeling inspired, entertained, and especially motivated.
Judy is a regular columnist for Women's Online Magazine and Montana Woman.