Write Your Life Story
What you'll learn
- Turn your life into story
- Tell the story of your ancestors
- Share your experiences with the next generation
- Add excitement and energy to your writing
- Dozens of writing prompts will jog your memory
- Write thematically, chronologically or anecdotally
- Bring your work to life with great dialogue
- Polish your writing and get into print
- Share your life with family and friends
- Open to everyone with a story to tell
Everyone has a story to tell. Don't let yours be lost!
Share your life story, or the story of family members with future generations. Children and grandchildren cherish the words we pass on to them and will return to them time and again.
This course shows you how to create an exciting and engaging biography or autobiography to share with friends, family and the world. It begins by introducing you to what makes a great biography, including:
- Why Write Your Life Story?
- Biography or Autobiography?
- How to Write Your Story
- Journals, Blogs, Articles, Recordings, Stories and Novels
- Tailoring Your Story for Your Audience
- Do’s and Don’ts
Then you'll choose the approach to organize your story:
- Fact or Fiction
- Chronological Organization
- Thematic Organization
- Anecdotal Organization
You'll learn techniques for creating professional writing including:
- Plot vs. Story
- Story Structure
- Viewpoint and Tense
The heart of the course is a series of writing prompts that will get you brainstorming and turn your ideas into reality. Following these suggestions, your life will take shape on the page, almost magically:
- Writing Prompts - Photos
- Writing Prompts - Conversations
- Writing Prompts - Q&A
- Writing Prompts - Ancestors
- Writing Prompts - Where Were You When...?
- Writing Prompts - Childhood
- Writing Prompts - Toys and Possessions
- Writing Prompts - Pets
- Writing Prompts - Growing Up
- Writing Prompts - Accomplishments
- Writing Prompts - Spirituality
- Writing Prompts - Holidays
- Writing Prompts - Romance
- Writing Prompts - The Black Moment
- Writing Prompts - Changes
- Writing Prompts - Children and Grandchildren
Once your story is written, we'll look at the fun process of polishing and publishing your story:
- Writing Big
- Polishing Your Work
- Illustrations and Covers
- Copyrights and Permissions
Finally, with your manuscript finished, we'll show you how to share it with the world:
- Getting Into Print
- Next Steps
In this lively and fun course, Steve Alcorn shows you how to achieve your dream. Step by step, you'll bring your story to life. Imagine the fun you and your family will have sharing these experiences!
Whether you're a first time or experienced writer, Write Your Life Story will show you how to share your history with others. Enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- For First time or Experienced Writers
- Everyone has a story to tell - It's your turn!
Steve Alcorn is a theme park designer, author, teacher, and the founder of Writing Academy. His novels include mysteries, young adult stories, historic fiction and romance. His is also the author of How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve has helped more than 30,000 aspiring writers structure their novels, through the online learning programs of 1500 colleges and universities worldwide. Many of his students are now published authors, and you can be, too!