Write with the Great Writers: Literature & Creative Writing
What you'll learn
- How to use the techniques employed by some of the greatest writers in English Literature
- How to create plot exposition like Shakespeare
- How to write dialogue like Arthur Miller
- How to format plays and screen plays
- How to write nature poems like Wordsworth
- How to write action poems like Sylvia Plath
- How to write character poems like Byron
- How to create a structure for a novel
- How to write characters in a novel like Jane Austen and J.K. Rowling
- How to write a short story based on experience like Rudyard Kipling
- How to write a short story based on a metaphor like J.R.R. Tolkien
- Undertake creative writing exercises to stimulate your imagination
- Discover how to publish your work on Kindle
- Have your books printed and learn where to sell them
- You must love both reading and writing
- You should be fluent in English
Do you love both reading and creative writing? Would you like to learn the techniques of some of the greatest writers in English literature, including Shakespeare, Tolkien, Kipling, Austen and J.K. Rowling? If you want to develop your creative writing technique whilst learning about English literature, this is the course for you.
In this course we will look at the work of some major writers and explore their writing techniques.
Learn how to write lyric poetry with William Wordsworth
Write an action poem with Sylvia Plath
Write a character poem with Lord Byron
Write drama with Shakespeare and Arthur Miller
Structure a novel like Dickens, Faulkner, Emily Bronte or Jane Austen
Write novel characters using insights from Jane Austen and J.K. Rowling
Write short stories with Rudyard Kipling and J.R.R. Tolkien
Creative writing exercises to stimulate your imagination
Publishing your work on Kindle
Selling printed copies of your work
As a professional lyricist, short story and memoir writer with two degrees in English Literature, I am hoping to help guide you through this course in a way which will help you to reflect on and adapt your writing. You can send me your work for feedback any time.
If you are excited to enter into the world of English literature as both a critical reader and a writer, enroll today. Udemy offers a 30 day money back guarantee so you can enroll without risk. I'm looking forward to joining you on the course!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring and developing fiction writers
- Students of English Literature
Hi. I'm Eve Williams and It's my aim to help you go as far as you can go in music, business and English Literature. I'm an award winning singer and songwriter from Co. Down in Northern Ireland. I have written with and for stars of the Voice Norway and the X Factor UK and my music has been featured in documentaries and advertising. I'm a regular contributor to Songwriting magazine in the UK.
I hold a Master of Music in Songwriting from Bath Spa University as well as an Honours degree plus a Master's degree in English from the Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. In 2015 Nashville Songwriters Association International recognised me as One to Watch twice (April and June).
I'm also also a music educator and online coach, running an on site teaching practice and an online coaching/mentoring service . I have taught at Queen's University of Belfast (Russell International Excellence Group), further education colleges, music schools, community groups, music industry education bodies and privately and in doing so have worked with a very large range of groups and individuals so I'm always happy to engage with your questions and give feedback on your work.
If you have any questions about any of my courses, please feel free to get in touch.
'A great voice'
-John McGlynn, Anúna
'Eve has established herself as an artist of considerable sophistication, recognised for her powerful toplines and moving lyrics.'
-The Musician Journal, UK
'This is quality stuff '
'This is excellent folk music and comes highly recommended'