Writing A Book: The First Draft
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn your writing approach
- Get that first draft down on paper
- Learn about revision and editing
- Learn how to build characters that can carry the story
- learn about the two different publishing options
- a desire to write a book length work
When you have a book inside you crying to be told, you need help. Knowing what the 'experts' do isn't always helpful. Sometimes you just need a coach to lead you through the aspects of storytelling. This course will give you insight into how YOU write, and then follow a path to creating great characters, interesting story, and solid conflict.
That's how a great story is created.
- anyone who wants to write a book
A quick introduction to me and my background in writing. Also a note about lesson numbers. I foolishly added lesson numbers to the videos, and then started adding content which means the videos no longer match to the lesson number. I hope that doesn't bother you.
If you've ever wanted to know how to write a book, this lecture will help you understand the two different approaches to writing. You'll take a quiz that will help point you in the direction of the style that will be most comfortable for you and you'll hear how both styles approach writing.