Write, Publish and Sell Your Book With Lightning Speed
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course, you will know the different publishing approaches and be able to decide which is best for you
- By the end of this course, you will know how to get an agent
- By the end of this course, you will know how to write a query letter and book proposal
- By the end of this course, you will know how to develop a plan to get your book done quickly
- By the end of this course, you will know how to use a focus group to help you structure and write your book
- By the end of this course, you will know how to market your book
- By the end of this course, you will know how to get media publicity for your book
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- You will need software to watch videos and to open pdf documents
I have spent thousands of dollars learning how to write books, publish and use publicity to market my books. Now it is time for me to transfer what I have learned to others. Too many people have a passion to write a book, but never get it done because they don't have the plan of action and concrete skills they need. That is why I developed this course. My passion is to help aspiring authors to finally get their book done and get it into the hands readers who need the wisdom they have to offer.
This course is designed for individuals who desire to write a book and get it published. In this comprehensive 3.5 hour course we will cover:
- How to get an agent
- How to write a query letter
- How to write a book proposal
- Choosing which publishing approach is right for you
- How to use a focus group to help you write your book quickly
- Developing a platform and marketing plan to sell books
- Creative ways to market your book
- How to use media publicity to market your book
- How to pitch the media for interviews
- Creative ways to sell your book
This course includes 13 videos and keynote slides.
If you have a passion to write a book but need someone to guide you through the process and give a clear plan of action how to finally get your book done, this course is for you.
- Individuals who are just getting started in writing and publishing
- Individuals who have a book and want to learn how to use publicity through the media to market their book
- Introduction to the course and what you will learn
- About your teacher
- Setting a firm deadline of when you want to get your book written and published
- Begin with the end in mind. What do you hope to achieve with your book?
- Understanding the new landscape of publishing and the different publishing options.
- Catching attention of agent and publisher
- Examples of creative hooks
- Where to find people to endorse your book?
- What to include in your endorsement request?
How to write your book quickly?
- Setting a date to have your book done
- Use a focus group or team to help you write your book
- Schedule two dates for focus group and use the structured process
- Take information from focus group and write your book in three weeks.
- When will you get your book?
- Getting pre-sales
- Pricing your book
- Using discounts to compete with other books in your genre
- Profit margins for books sold in bookstores
- Have a plan on how to market your book?
- Pitching to the media
- Blog tour
- Should you do book signings?
- Crafting a strong marketing pitch
- Earned v. Paid media
- How to use social media
Creating a sales page for your book on your webpage
- Sending people to your webpage to buy book
- Capture their details for your list by giving them something free
- Creating a press page with your bio, picture and previous media interviews
Serving the media
- Help media do their job well
- Providing best interview possible
- Offer to take questions from callers
- Getting repeat interviews
- Keep pitching with new angles
- Tailor your message to audience
The art of pitching the media
- Press releases
- Using creativity in pitching-sometimes crazy sells
- Include credentials and pitch angle
- Examples of great pitches
- Crafting compelling headlines
Book marketing ideas
- Book signings and events
- Creating companion materials for your book