Write over divorce: banish the pain with a pen!
What you'll learn
- Release bad feelings and thoughts about your lost relationship
- Distance yourself from past events that still cause you distress
- Rewrite your story in a more realistic and positive way
- Master powerful writing techniques that will help you to cope with problems
- Be more comfortable with your life choices
- You'll need a pen and paper.
- Find a place to write in private for about 20 minutes per day.
- You don't need to be good at writing or spelling or grammar — you don't even need to like writing! You will benefit regardless.
Write Over Divorce—and reclaim your happiness
If you have been divorced and you can’t quite get over it, this is the course for you. It’s a practical course which requires you to spend about 20 minutes every day writing in specific ways. If you study every day, it will take about three weeks.
I know what it’s like – any relationship break-up is painful! It’s also a huge disruption to your life. Here are some of the signs that you are ready to do this course.
- You hear yourself saying the same things over and over again, and you don’t like what you hear.
- You are annoyed with yourself for still feeling bitter or sad.
- You want to gain control over your own thoughts and feelings.
- You want your life to make sense again, and you know that you deserve to be happy.
I created this course as a do-it-yourself cure for that difficult post-divorce state of mind. Here's what we'll cover.
- How to finally purge yourself of bad thoughts and feelings.
- How to reframe reality and start seeing your own story from different points of view.
- How to revitalise your entire life with optimism and happiness.
Ready? I’ll be with you every step of the way. OK, let’s go!
What are the requirements?
- A computer with internet connection
- A pen and paper
- No skill in writing required!
What am I going to get from this course?
This course could change your view of life—with numerous benefits.
- By the end of the course, you'll know exactly how to stop those bad thoughts that go round and round in your mind. You’ll be able to move on from your divorce or breakup with a positive but realistic approach to life.
- You’ll have mastered the technique of expressive writing, which you can use to ease the pain of any future emotional upheavals.
- You will have ways of viewing your experience more clearly, as part of a big picture.
- You’ll have a portfolio of writing techniques that you can use whenever you feel stuck or pessimistic or sad.
What is the target audience?
- You, if you are having trouble getting over a relationship breakup.
- You, if you catch yourself obsessing about past events.
Who this course is for:
- The course is not intended for people who are in strife but still together.
- Take this course if you are emerging from a divorce or painful break-up
I’m the author of over 30 successful books, including novels, poetry, plays, and books about writing. I’ve taught writing in eight countries, at colleges, conferences, writers’ festivals, and corporations. I even wrote the first book in the world on writing for the web! Now I am helping others to prepare for a happy, healthy old age. This work is close to my heart, and I bring to it my long and rich experience as a teacher, writer, and coach. My home is in Wellington, New Zealand.