Write a PLC Program for a Box Sorting System using GRAFCET
What you'll learn
- Use PLC simulation software applications
- Use simulation software for the simulation of a plant environment
- Understand the state based concepts underpinning the GRAFCET method
- Analyse a system based on inputs and outputs
- Build a sequential function chart (SFC) to model an automation system
- Transform a sequential function chart (SFC) into ladder logic code
- Run ladder logic code using a SoftPLC
- Run equipment simulations to test ladder logic code
- Basic working knowledge of ladder logic symbols
- Familiarity with the installation of software applications on the Windows OS platform
- Familiarity with the concept of sensors and actuators
Learning how to write PLC Ladder Logic applications frequently involves attending classes which cost thousands of US dollars. And the reason you have to spend so much is that you have to pay for the use of a physical PLC (like Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, ABB, etc) as well as Plant Equipment.
But there is another way! ... and you don't have to own a PLC or any equipment, just a Windows laptop with the right software, that's all.
In this course, I am going to introduce you to software applications that are able to brilliantly simulate a PLC and plant equipment. The applications work with each other to allow you to write PLC programs, run and test them as if you were using a real PLC with real equipment.
Specifically, the course will take you through the analysis of a Box Sorting system and show you how to use a design method called GRAFCET, to create your own Ladder Logic application. You will then run and test your ladder logic application on the Box Sorting system to see that it works.
Both software application can be downloaded in trial mode and can be used as is to perform the exercises in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
- Programmers working in the Process Automation field
I have been working in the fields of Software Development, Software Systems Integration and Process Automation since 1996. In 2003, I stepped out on my own and started working for myself providing software development and systems integration services to small and medium businesses.
I am also associated with a great company called Mora Systems Limited that under the leadership of it's Managing Director has produced innovative and outstanding products and services in the fields of GIS and Cellular based SCADA.
Teaching has always been a passion for me. I have taught at the tertiary level for many years on the subjects of programming, control systems as well as systems integration. In the last few years I found myself incorporating more and more videos into the curriculum with amazing results.
When I heard of uDemy I just could not help but sign up. With teaching in a classroom, you can reach only so many students, but with uDemy you can reach the world! I plan to publish and promote as many courses as I possibly can on the uDemy platform.