Setting Up WordPress
- 42 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be able to install WordPress on your computer
- You'll be able to install WordPress on a remote web server (web host) on a custom domain
In this video, we'll learn what we'll cover in this course.
In this video, we'll get started by installing Xampp to be our local server to run WordPress.
In this video, we'll jump online and get started by creating a web hosting account. We'll use DreamHost in this example, but you can use any web host you'd like.
- You'll need basic computer knowledge and internet access
- Setting up WordPress on your computer is free, but if you want a website you'll need to pay for a web host
There's a lot of one-click installs out there, but every WordPress developer needs to know how to install WordPress from scratch for the times when those one-click installers fail. In this course, we'll walk through the steps needed to install WordPress on your computer locally (great for fast testing!) and on a web host through a custom domain.
- Beginner WordPress developers needing to install it locally for testing purposes
- Web designers who need to test their designs on WordPress
- Aspiring web developers wanting to learn how to set up WordPress from scratch