Customizr - Learn WordPress with the ultimate creative theme
- Basic computer skills
- How to copy and paste
- How to locate files on your computer
- How to drag and drop
If you've been stuck with trying to decide which theme to use on your wordpress site without having to spend money for a premium theme, look no further. The Customizr theme is the answer. It's the most beautiful and functional free theme out there . Best of all, it gives you complete control - it really lives up to it's name!
The theme is fully responsive, and looks beautiful across a multitude of devices, whether it be on a desktop, tablet or smartphone.
This course features a step-by-step approach that takes your from purchasing a domain and web hosting plan to creating a full fledged website with social media sharing, video embedding, email signup forms, layout customization and much more. If you can copy and paste and use a web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari, you can create a website for your business or passion with the Customizr theme on WordPress.
There are so many features that make the Customizr theme amazing. That's why it receives a 5-star rating on wordpress and has been downloaded over 2 million times!
- Any one that is undecided about which theme to install on on their WordPress site. The Customizr theme's flexibility will amaze you.
- Anyone who wants to learn wordpress by using a fun any highly customizable theme.
- Tools You Need For This Course
- Important! Download the course materials (.zip file)
- Website Hosting
- Get a domain and webhosting plan
- More options for webhosting
- Set up your domain name and hosting plan
- How to log in to Cpanel
- Create a subdomain
- Install wordpress
- Login to your wordpress administrator pannel
- About passwords and accounts
- How to change your admin username and password
- Install the Customizr theme
- Donate to Customizr developers
- Pick your site's colours and write your tagline
- Insert text and an image into your page
- Features of WordPress "word processor"
- Upload images to your media library
- Create a "static page" - this is wordpress jargon for a simple webpage
- Link to any page of your site
- Add more static pages
- Create a navigation menu
- Create a submenu
- Assign a submenu to a page
- Set your front page
- Resize your images with Pixlr
- Choose your featured pages
- The Slider: an introduction
- Resize images for your slider
- Upload your slider images from computer to Wordpress media library
- Configure your slider
- Add social media icons to your site
- Customize your fonts
- Install Google fonts plugin for unlimited font customization!
- Create a contact form
- Recaptcha: validate that the person writing to you is human and not a robot
- Delete the About sample page
- How to leave your front page blank
- Assign a posts page to display your blog posts in a thumbnail gallery
- Publish your first blog post
- Create an image gallery
- Edit your image gallery
- Social media sharing - Let your visitors share your content on Facebook, Twitter
- Social media sharing: the "more" button
- Discussion settings
- Categorize your blog posts
- Add your blog posts to one or more categories
- Choose your sidebar layout
- Add sidebar widgets
- Front page layout
- Customize the layout of your post and pages
- Breadcrumbs - wordpress leaves trail so you can find your way back
- Footer widgets
- Footer area 2
- Footer area 3
- Create and upload a custom logo
- Replace the site title with your custom logo
- Introduction to email signup forms
- Create a "thank you" page
- Setup your Mailchimp account
- Download these plugins
- Connect Mailchimp to Wordpress
- Finalize your Email signup form
Daniel Boudreau's courses focus on learning from example. Theory is cut down to a minimum across all courses. Daniel values ACTION strongly in his teaching approach. You will learn core concepts by observation and be able to replicate them right away is in a step-by-step method. Additionally, with the help of the Udemy course layout, elements of a topic are cut down to super specific lessons. This way, you will never feel lost or confused. Daniel is always there to help if you have any questions about a specific lesson. Just head to the discussion tab from any lesson and ask away!
Daniel has collaborated with several instructors with many years of teaching experience. All of them have a vast knowledge of the subject that they teach. Browse around the many courses that Daniel offers and see what interests you. You can always take a five-minute preview of any course by clicking the button on the right side of the video on any course's preview page.