Wordpress For Entrepreneurs: The Install Cheatsheet
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Launch a new Wordpress website or blog.
- Students will learn how to get a domain name, set-up hosting and install a custom Wordpress theme.
Intro to the class and a hello from me, Mike Murphy. I love technology, but this class is meant to inspire people with ideas to see how easy it is to get up and running on Wordpress and start a new website or blog. Small steps lead to big things, so let's get started building something great.
Create A Master Project Folder, Google Doc/Text Document and Organize Assets (graphics, logos, photos, colors, etc).
In this lesson, we go through the three key components of launching a website:
- Purchasing a Domain Name
- Setting Up A Hosting Account
- Purchasing A Custom Wordpress Theme (optional)
- Log in to Godaddy
- Click Account/Name in upper right
- Select Manage My Domains
- Search for name and click on it
- Look for Nameservers & Click Manage
- Select Custom to change current nameservers
- Click To Add Nameservers
- Paste NS1.BLUEHOST.COM in Row #1
- Paste NS2.BLUEHOST.COM in Row #2W
- Hit Save & it's back to BlueHost
- Log in to C-Panel
- Website Builder Section in Menu
- Install Wordpress
- Hit Install For Mojo Marketplace Installer
- Choose your domain name
- Leave directory blank
- Click check domain
- ******SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS**********
- Enter Site Name/Title
- USERNAME (CANNOT BE CHANGED)
- PASSWORD (CAN BE CHANGED LATER)
- Check Automatically Create Database
- Install Now
- Wait until install is finished
- In Upper right of Mojo Screen>View Credentials (Copy all the details to Google Doc)
- Click on Domain & Login With username & password.
- Create an account: GOOGLE APPS FOR WORK
- $5/user/month (Best value on internet, imo)
- TIP: You can have multiple domains on the same account
- These are the MX records you will use to set up Gmail on BlueHost
- MX Records:
- 1 @ ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 week
- 5 @ ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 week
- 5 @ ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 week
- 10 @ ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 1 week
- 10 @ ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 1 week
- Students need know prior knowledge to complete this course, but will need to purchase a domain name or webhosting account if they do not already have.
Wordpress 101 For Entrepreneurs: The Quick & Easy Install Cheatsheet
This course is about how to install Wordpress. In this course, you will learn how to purchase a domain name, set-up a hosting account and install a custom Wordpress theme. The bonus materials will include how to create a child theme, set-up FTP account and configure Google Apps for Work so you can have Gmail for your domain.
Materials Included: Downloadable PDF Cheatsheet/Resource Guide for step-by-step instructions. Also included is a Photoshop file to create a child theme thumbnail.
Duration:This class can be completed in under one hour. My suggestion is to watch the class and then use the PDF to install your own Wordpress website.
Who is This Class For?: Entrepreneurs who have a great idea, but are intimidated by launching a website. This class demonstrates just how simple it is to launch a website and creating a website is the first step in moving forward with your next big thing. If you are technically intimidated or not sure how to get started in Wordpress, this class is for you
The Quick & Easy Cheatsheet:
- Pre-Launch: Organize Assets & Plan
- Pre-Launch: Domain Name, Hosting Company & Purchase Custom Theme
- Step 1: Add Domain To Bluehost (Or Any Host)
- Step 2: Change NameServers On GoDaddy (Or Where You Purchased Domain)
- Step 3: Install Worpdress on BlueHost (Or Hosting Company)
- Step 4: Log in To Your Shiny New Website
- Step 5: Install Premium Wordpress Theme (Divi by Elegant Themes)
- Bonus Lesson: Create Child Theme (You'll be happy later)
- Bonus Lesson: Set Up FTP on BlueHost (handy)
- Bonus Lesson: Set Up Gmail For Your Domain (my personal favorite)
Not covered in this class:This class does not cover customizing or designing your site after install (Stay tuned for Part II)
- This course is for entrepreneurs who want to launch their next big idea, but not sure how to get started using Wordpress.
- This class is for anyone who wants to quickly and easily set up a new Wordpress site
- This class is not for people who want to learn how to customize or design a Wordpress site. This class is only about how to install and get started.