Linux Containers, more than just Docker
What you'll learn
- History of container technologies
- What technology are containers built or
- Installing and configuring different container technologies
- Administering container technologies
- Docker administration
- Podman administration
- Basic understanding of containers
- Computer networking
- Virtual Machines
The container landscape is changing and there’s a lot of technologies out there to learn. This course is meant to introduce you to the world of containers, and not just Docker. Not too long ago everything used Docker; however, there are other container technologies gaining traction. Technologies like Containerd and Podman have proven to be very capable container runtimes. Typically, in a container course you’re looking into one container technology. In this course I will be taking you through the world of container technologies, what are they, and when to use them. I use a mixture teaching concepts and demos to show you how things practically work. This is because I like ensuring you don’t just know how to do something, but why something works. I am continuing to work on this course and add more lectures. I want to make sure that you have a better understanding of container technologies, even if you have used them in the past, I hope to still teach you something new.
This course assumes that you have an understanding of the command line, Linux, networking, and operating systems. If I say an application is using port 8080, you should know what that means. If not, you should probably make sure you have an understanding of these basic technology concepts first.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals that are familiar with Docker but want to know what other container technologies exist
- Beginner in the container world that needs an expansive view of containers
- Needing to understand how containers work, not just how to use them
Working in IT for over 12 years now in Linux, Windows, Networking, containerization, automation, and cybersecurity. I also have a B.S. in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. I have a passion for technology that dates back to high school and enjoy building complex environments in my home lab to then try in enterprise networks.