World Building for Beginners (Fantasy Writing)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a compelling and believable world for a fantasy novel
- Establish rules for your world
- Give a sense of depth to your world
- Assign meaningful names to different parts of your world (i.e. landmarks and invented creatures)
- Manage a healthy relationship between your world and your story
- Internet (for accessing the lessons)
- A notebook or word processor (for writing down notes and ideas)
- A great imagination and a willingness to put in the work!
For the last 20 years I’ve been practicing the art of world building in fantasy literature, and in this online video course, I share with you some of the insights I’ve gained on that journey.
What we'll cover
This course will cover important areas of world building such as:
- the guidelines for a creating a compelling world
- how to address the challenge of world building
- how establishing rules and creating depth will make your world more believable
What you’ll gain
When you have completed the course, you will be equipped with the knowledge of what it takes to build a believable and compelling world for your fantasy story—a world your readers will want to visit again and again.
- This course is meant for writers who are in the beginning stages of creating their fantasy novel.
- It is also for fantasy writers who feel they need strengthening in the area of creating compelling and believable settings for their stories.
- This course is not for advanced writers who are well seasoned world builders.