Workshop Technology OR Machine Shop Theory
What you'll learn
- Metal cutting mechanism - Chip formation,Types of cutting tool,Tool signature,Cutting tool nomenclature
- Lathe Machine - Types,Construction,Accessories and attachments,Specification,Mechanism,Operations,Taper turning,Drilling on lathe,Cutting speed and Feed
- Drilling Machine - Construction,Types,Twist drill geometry,Operations and Mechanism,Specification,Cutting speed and Feed
- Shaper - Working principle,Construction,Types,Mechanism,Operations
- Planer - Types and working principle
- Slotter Machine - Construction,Operations
- Milling Machine - Working principle,Milling methods,Milling cutters,Types,Specification,Operations,Indexing and dividing head.
- Just a keen and curious mind.
A mechanical engineering undergraduate and graduate always tend to skip learning about Machine Shop. However, this subject is as much crucial as Thermodynamics, Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics, and other important subjects.
The purpose of this course is to take a novice, a person with no Machine Shop or Workshop experience, and within the duration of this course teach them about various Machine tools as such Lathe Machine, Shaper, Planer, Slotter, Drilling Machine and Milling machine in a concise way.
Now let's have a quick grasp of what a MACHINE SHOP (Workshop) is -
A machine shop is a room, building, or company where machining, a form of subtractive manufacturing, is done. In a machine shop, machinists use machine tools and cutting tools to make parts, usually of metal or plastic (but sometimes of other materials such as glass or wood).
A machine shop can be a small business (such as a job shop having a single or multiple machinery) or a portion of a factory, whether a toolroom or a production area for manufacturing.
Each shop has its own tools and machinery which differ from other shops in quantity, capability and focus of expertise.
What Job roles you can apply for after completing the course
Machine shop operator
ENROLL now & start LEARNING !!
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical engineering students - Graduates and Undergraduates.
- Freshman engineering students from all branches.
- Machine shop hobbyist and Machinists.
I'm J Aatish Rao, an experienced mechanical engineer and consultant with over 10 years of industry experience. I am an AutoDesk Certified Professional and Fusion 360 Certified User, specializing in teaching and mentoring students globally.
My passion lies in conducting workshops and engaging in teaching activities to inspire and empower the next generation of engineers. With a dynamic and team-spirited approach, I bring 10+ years of industrial exposure to my instruction.
I am certified to provide training on various software, science, and engineering topics, offering comprehensive guidance across disciplines. As a ClearFit Certified Team Leader and Industrial Consultant, I bring strong leadership skills and expertise to the table.
Beyond my professional pursuits, I am also an avid stargazer, constantly fascinated by the wonders of the universe.
Let us embark on a journey of knowledge and skill development in mechanical engineering together.