Workplace Praise: Make it Effective!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Student will learn how to praise effectively so as to engage, energize and build employee confidence in their own abilities and greatness.
- There are no course prerequisites.
Praising an employee for a great job sounds like a simple exercise, but not all managers get it right, and ineffective praise can do more harm than good.
Done properly, recognition is a great tool for boosting employee morale and for increasing workers engagement and productivity.
In this course you will learn exactly how to go about recognizing and showing your appreciation for a great job so that you engage, energize and help build employee confidence in their own abilities and greatness.
You will learn when to express your appreciation, how to tailor your recognition so it produces the greatest impact for each individual. You will be shown how to get the balance right, both in terms of frequency and when and if to acknowledge the team or just the individual.
It is also important of acknowledge the unsung heroes within your direct reports. This course will show you how to do this.
You will also learn what the common pitfalls are that you need to avoid to ensure your praise doesn’t backfire. This will ensure you don’t end up discouraging instead of encouraging.
How you go about delivering praise will determine its impact and effectiveness. This course guides you through the process to ensure you achieve the right outcomes.
- Anyone in a leadership role, or aspiring to a leadership role. Supervisors, team leaders, managers, project managers, or anyone else who need to provide encouragement and express appreciation to direct reports.
- PLEASE NOTE: the principles taught in this course are common practice in Australia, New Zealand, United States, and some other countries. Based on what country you work in, you may need to adapt some of the content to the common practices of that country.
This course focuses on how to use praise as a highly effective vehicle for motivating staff. In this lecture you are introduced to my definition of praise. You are also asked to consider some of the key points you need to take into account in order to ensure your accolades achieve their intended outcome.
Learn a little about the background and the corporate training experience of your instructor.
Learn why accolades positively impacts behaviour and performance in the workplace.
There are many benefits to acknowledging staff efforts and this lesson highlights the main ones.
Common pitfalls to avoid introduce you to wording and approaches you need to avoid in your quest to effectively commend staff. In this section there will be similar topics to the previous section, however they will be presented from a slightly different perspective. This is good; it helps to reinforce the message.
Put an effort into catching the less praiseworthy workers doing something right and then commend them.