How To Reduce Constant Work Interruptions
What you'll learn
- Choose from a range of strategies and techniques that have proven to reduce the number of workplace interruptions and minimise the duration of interruptions.
- You will be able to apply these proven strategies with the confidence that they work.
- You will enjoy greater focus and increased productivity.
- You will also feel less stressed and more in control of your working day.
- PLEASE NOTE: the principles taught in this course are common practice in Australia, New Zealand, United States, and some other countries. Based on what country you work in, you may need to adapt some of the content to the common practices of that country.
- There are no prior requirements needed for this course. What is required is a genuine desire to take action to reduce the frequency, number, and the duration of interruptions.
Learn How To Control Productivity Zapping Workplace Interruptions
Constant phone calls, emails galore, face-to-face conversations, text messages, they each distract you from your work, and ultimately are highly disruptive to your working day. They sabotage your productivity - and sometimes even your career success!
You can be far more efficient and effective once you stop being controlled and side-tracked by unnecessary interruptions and learn how to better deal with the necessary interruptions.
You simply need to develop the right habits. In this course you will learn a variety of proven, effective strategies and techniques that you can apply to gain greater control over constant interruptions.
Master best practice approaches to effectively handling:
Phone and mobile phone interruptions
Face-to-face interruptions are commonly the most demanding to control. You will learn 12 different ways to better manage these situations.
Phone interruptions - learn how to draw the line with constant phone interruptions.
Mobile phone interruptions can significantly derail your working day. This course suggests easy-to-apply strategies to dramatically reduce the amount of time wasted by constantly checking your text messages and answering calls.
Email interruptions account for an average of 2 hours of lost productivity per day. Applying the right strategies which you will learn in this course will ensure you control the email monster and be far more time effective at handling your email in-box.
Additional Tools For You
As you work your way through this course I will be inviting you to complete the Exercises, and there is an Action Plan at the end of this course.
You can also contact the Instructor, with any specific questions or concerns you may face in your own work environment.
Upon finishing this course, you will receive a verifiable certificate of completion.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is challenged by constant interruptions that sabotage their working day.
- If you constantly have to deal with face-to-face interruptions, you will learn how to dramatically reduce the number and duration of interruptions.
- If you constantly have to deal with phone or mobile interruptions, this course is for you.
- If you battle with the workload created by overflowing email inboxes, you will learn proven techniques to better manage your emails.
- This course is ideal for anyone who is a novice at learning strategies for dealing with interruptions. It is not for you if you already have an in-depth knowledge of how to deal with workplace interruptions as you may well be familiar with all the strategies that are presented.
Silvia Wright-Davies is a Business Improvement Specialist, Performance Coach and a Trainer.
Over her career life Silvia has been lucky enough to work in a number of different countries, own a number of diverse businesses, and have a highly successful business entrepreneur as an immediate family member and her mentor. This background has equipped Silvia with valuable knowledge and skills that she now shares with businesses owners, management and staff.
Since 2000 Silvia has been training self employed business owners, and corporations both large and small throughout all of Australia and New Zealand. In 2010 she created the Centre for Achievement which provides online business skills courses for small to medium businesses and she is the author of numerous business improvement courses, including "Powering Ahead with Purpose and Passion", "Pathway to Excellence" and "Pathway to Achievement".