Working With Seniors In Health and Fitness Related Fields
What you'll learn
- To get the attention of the Personal Trainer focused more on the client
- To address some of the unique challenges trainers may face with seniors
- To offer suggestions to merge the professional relationship with the personal relationship
- Basic anatomy and biomechanics would help, but is not necessary
- If applying for Continuing Education Credits, the student must submit the completion certificate (included at the end of the course). If any additional material is needed for credit, the student is welcome to contact me through my website.
Working With Seniors In Health And Fitness Related Fields is a course for personal trainers and other individuals in related fields, offering 1 hour of Continuing Education Credit upon completion. It covers psychological as well as physical dynamics of this special population. The trainer may face unique challenges with this population, and suggestions are made on how to overcome these challenges so trainer and client benefit.
Who this course is for:
- Personal Trainers, massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, nurses, health care assistants, elderly home care providers
Annette has been a Certified Personal Trainer through NASM since 1994, and a Certified Wellness and Nutrition Counselor through AFPA. Before that, she had a weight problem (200#) and successfully lost and has maintained her weight since 1983. After losing her weight, she saw a women's fitness competition and was inspired by those fit bodies in bikinis looked on stage. She competed in no fewer than 11 fitness competitions on the local, regional and national level, some nationally televised. Her experience with her own weight loss and the process of "dieting down" for competitions led her in to helping others who wanted to do the same.
Annette's profession has developed into a love for seniors, working with seniors and training seniors. It is through this inspiration that her premier course was produced.