Elevation Data Processing In GIS
What you'll learn
- Download DEM data freely with open source tools and websites
- Surface Analysis using DEM (To calculate slope, aspect, hillshade, viewshade)
- Watershed and Drainage Delineation (flow direction, flow accumulation etc)
- DEM generate using LiDAR dataset
- Create Triangular Irregular Network (TIN)
- Volume of reservoir or dam calculation using DEM
- Brief overview of contour
- Hydrological Modelling
- Creating a shapefile
- Basic knowledge of ArcGIS
If you are searching for the GIS project related to elevation data, this course is definitely for made for you. In this course you will learn about the lots of project based idea such as drainage management, surface analysis using DEM, volume calculation for hydrological study, remote sensing analysis etc. You also get the change to learn about the LiDAR technique. At the completion of this course, you built your confident to working any of the Digital Elevation datasets.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone can join this course who have interested in GIS field
I am a geomatics engineer graduated from the Institute of Engineering, Pashchimanchal Campus, Pokhara, Nepal. Current I am working as a research associate at Geoinformatics Center, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand. I am mainly doing research on GIS, Remote Sensing (passionated in disaster management), and spatial data analysis fields. I am highly interested in Free and Open-Source Geospatial Software development. As an interest, I have developed several open-source packages like geoserver-rest, pySLD, leaflet-geoserver-request etc. I am always curious to learn and share knowledge about the latest technologies and solutions in the geospatial industry.