Working with Americans: US vs. India Culture Differences
- Bachelors or higher graduate degree - to qualify for American client-facing roles
This free course has two key components as an introduction to American Business Basics - now on Udemy under Working with Americans.
About American Business Basics (ABB)
Provides an overview of the CMD Framework (to Command your Career) that will be covered in the other courses on this site. CMD stands for Communication, Meeting Management and Documentation. Each of these topics will be covered in separate CMD courses:
Effective Meeting Management
Effective Documentation - release planned by mid 2020
US-India Culture Differences
Learn how to adapt your behavior to work more effectively with Americans across four key areas. These will be discussed more fully within the sections of the CMD Framework courses.
Who this course is for:
- Indian professionals - consultants, IT, customer service or technology who want to work with Americans
- Indians in the US or India who work for American or Global corporations, or local captives that serve Americans
- Indian students who want to work with Americans after graduating
- 11:29Introduction to Working with Americans
Hi, I'm Careen Foster, an American Executive based in the San Francisco Bay Area. I founded American Business Basics, an online course program, to help Indian professionals boost their careers by learning how to effectively work with Americans.
Former Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Client Experience at Fractal Analytics - Indian founders from IIT/IIM serving Fortune 500 companies
35 years executive experience leading product management and marketing teams at American corporations
Coached over 50 consultants, product managers, marketeers, and senior leaders on hundreds of content pieces targeting American business executives