Words Have Meaning - DEI, Justice, & Belonging Terminology
What you'll learn
- Immerse yourself in the newest and most up-to-date terminology.
- Deepen your understanding of a comprehensive global DEI perspective.
- Participate in critical exercises applying terminology to daily tasks and workflows.
- Develop an action plan to enhance practical implementation and strategic approaches.
- No experience needed. Simply engage with curiosity and inquiry.
Words hold immense significance and practicality. In this workshop, open to professionals at all levels, including emerging practitioners, senior managers, and executive leaders, participants will have the opportunity to explore the terminology used in the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) field. By employing precise and impactful language, we can foster effective communication, guide initiative development, and facilitate the attainment of goals.
Precise and impactful language plays a pivotal role in fostering understanding and creating shared meaning within organizations. When individuals have a clear grasp of DEI terminology, they can more effectively articulate their ideas, needs, and perspectives. This, in turn, facilitates better collaboration, informed decision-making, and the successful implementation of DEI initiatives.
Language is not static; it evolves along with societal changes and advancements in understanding. By collectively engaging in conversations about terminology, workshop participants can stay informed about the latest developments and emerging concepts in DEI. This allows for a more inclusive and accurate representation of diverse identities and experiences, and it ensures that organizational strategies and goals align with current best practices.
This workshop aims to create a space where we can collectively engage in conversations and feelings that involve rediscovering the power and evolving meanings behind words.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals at all levels, from newcomers to seasoned individuals, who are eager to explore the latest concepts in JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) and Belonging.
- Those who seek to deepen their understanding of these terms and their practical applications in various disciplines and industries.
- Those who seek to expand their knowledge and become equipped to foster inclusive environments.
Imana Borena, Inc. (IB) is a Christian-based, dynamic, and forward-thinking innovation incubator for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) best practices. Guided by our mission to infuse Christian principles of equity and righteousness into the landscape of DEI and anti-racism, we are fully trained in anti-racist principles and equipped to deliver impactful training and facilitation services. Our extensive knowledge base, rooted in DEI initiatives, empowers us to drive positive change within organizations by creating transformative environments and fostering tangible outcomes. Through our comprehensive training, strategy development, and policy analysis, we support organizations in their journey towards driving positive change, all while upholding our Christian values and commitment to anti-racism.