Wordpress:Quick And Easy Video Tutorial Series for Beginners
- If you have never had any previous website experience before, this course is exactly what you need. If you can write a simple document on Microsoft Word or similar, then you are good to go.
Within the next few minutes you can be working right alongside me to create your very own website.
Even if you have never had any previous website experience before, this course is exactly what you need.
If you can write a simple document on Microsoft Word or similar, then you are good to go.
I dont fill the course with fluff and try and pad it out to make it look like a long intensive course.
I cover in detail every step you need right from the outset.
Got your domain name yet?
No problem. I show you how to choose it as one of the first things and I even show you how to register a domain name and set up your hosting.
If you dont know what that is or how to do it, dont panic. I explain it all in a few minutes and you see exacty how easily its done, each and every step. No technical jargon.
By the way, this is not a series of videos with me talking behind a load of powerpoint slides telling you what to do.
I don't tell you what to do, I show you. This is filmed using Camtasia studio and it shows you exactly what to do, every step I take, every mouse movement, every click.
I show you where to click, what to fill in, where to go next.
What are the requirements?
You dont need anything other than a computer and an internet connection.
No experience or knowledge is required - everything is shown in this video course
What am I going to get from this course?
Over 30 lectures and 3 hours of content and help and support from me directly answering any questions you have as promptly and professionally as possible.
- Learn to create your own WordPress website from scratch
- Learn how to make changes to your site as and when required,
- See how to easily add pictures and graphics
- See how to create a blog or diary of events
- Learn how to import themes for your new website
- Learn how easily you can incorporate video to any page on your site.
- Know the right way to arrange your menu bar
- See how easily you can add drop down menus
- What you must never do to get people to contact you on your website
What is the target audience?
Anyone who wants to create their very own website for whatever reason. Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Individuals, Students, Employees and even kids. The youngest person I have taught this to is 10 years old and farming and tractors mad!
No matter what age you are of what country you are from... this is for you.
See you shortly.
- Anyone who wants to create their very own website for whatever reason. Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Individuals, Students, Employees and even kids. The youngest person I have taught this to is 10 years old and farming and tractors mad! No matter what age you are or what country you are from... this is for you.
- Picking and Registering Your Domain Name08:37
- Changing Name Servers06:38
- Hosting: What is it and how to set it up03:55
- Installing Your Wordpress Site04:05
- The Dashboard: The Guided Tour03:13
- Creating Your First Webpage... Whoopeee!03:57
- Adding Additional Pages To Your Website02:54
- Making A "Static" Home Page03:16
- A Page or a Post... You Decide!06:09
- Creating and Ordering the menu bar02:43
- How To Add in Drop Down Menus03:17
- Customise: Site Identity03:01
- Customise: Colours and Layout02:11
- Customise: Headers02:49
- Customise: Backgrounds, Menus and Wigets03:13
- By the way...01:36
- Adding Images to Your site04:50
- Linking Your Images04:57
- Creating hyperlinks (links to your text)01:56
- Adding Video To Your Webpage02:43
- Adding Audio to A Webpage04:19
- Creating A Contact Form04:16
Ian McMullan is extremely passionate and well experienced in Wordpress site building as well as an all round digital entrepreneur. He promises to pass on to his students in a fun and engaging way to enable them to learn from his experiences and better themselves and their business.
His teachings range from Wordpress beginners to teaching small to medium sized businesses how to create an online presence and how to build a responsive customer database using email and video marketing.
Hailing from a small village in the North of Ireland, (where he lives with his wife and 3 kids and his Golden Retriever, Charlie), Ian has been online since 2001 and since then has gotten his feet wet in many challenging and diverse marketing projects ranging from Ebay, Adsense, Clickbank and Amazon (to name a few) to working "one to one" with new business startups wanting to get an online presence and build a following of laser targeted customers.
Ian's determination and love for what he does keeps him focused and enables him to enjoy what he does each and every day. His training's are to the point and educational teachings are based on real life experiences and not some learned theory that he passes on to unsuspecting students.
In his own words.... " I see no point of dragging out a lecture or course to make it look long and impressive with hours and hours of teaching (or in some cases, complete waffle) when I can condense the same information into a concise and easily digested learning experience that will substantially benefit my students to the point where they can finish the training and then go out out and apply exactly what they have learned in a real life situation."