Wordpress in a Weekend - Build Your Own Custom Website
What you'll learn
- How to build a totally custom website from the ground up using Wordpress.
- Understand the amazingly powerful Elementor page builder and how it can help you design faster and easier.
- Create and incorporate beautiful design elements including forms, buttons, images, animations, and more.
- Optimize your custom website with responsive design to look great on computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Setup a dynamic blog using categories and tags to organize your content.
- Understand how websites work - words like servers, hosting, and domains won't be a mystery anymore!
- Core Wordpress concepts, including posts, pages, menus, themes, and plugins.
- How to find a domain, setup hosting, and publish your website for the world to see.
- No prior experience with Wordpress or web design required. We'll cover everything from start to finish in this course!
- Students will need a computer and Internet connection to build their own website.
- Students who want to host their finished site online will need to pay for a domain and hosting, but it is not necessary.
Wordpress in a Weekend! It’s not too good to be true, YOU CAN build a custom site using Wordpress.
In this course, I’ll take you from beginner to confident site builder in no time and you’ll be able to build a custom site completely from scratch!
No experience necessary! If you have a computer and access to the Internet, you can learn Wordpress!
In this course, we’ll start with the basics. How the Internet and websites work, and how to setup your personal computer or a server to run Wordpress. Then we’ll dive into Wordpress and learn our way around before jumping into the most exciting part of the course, a step-by-step build of a gorgeous, professional, fully responsive website designed to incorporate all of the skills you’ll need to know in order to build virtually anything you can imagine!
What You’ll Learn
I’ve distilled my 10+ years of building with Wordpress into a concise curriculum designed to teach you everything you need to know about building websites with Wordpress, and nothing you don’t! You’ll learn:
Core Wordpress concepts, including posts, pages, menus, themes, and plugins.
How to use the amazingly powerful ELEMENTOR PAGE BUILDER to design faster and easier.
How to create and incorporate beautiful design elements including forms, buttons, images, animations and more.
Optimize your custom website with responsive design to look great on computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
How to setup a dynamic blog using categories and tags to organize your content.
How to find a domain, setup hosting, and publish your website for the world to see.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals wanting to learn a new skill and build their own custom website.
- Freelancers or small business owners looking to create a powerful website without spending tons of $$$.
- Web designers who want to understand how Wordpress works as one of the most powerful CMS platforms in the world.
- Team members who are responsible for editing or maintaining a Wordpress website for their company or business.
Hi there! I’m Jameson. I have spent the last 15+ years as a self-taught web and mobile designer/developer, and I am excited to now distill years of learning and experience into simple, straight-forward courses designed to help you learn the foundational skills you need to excel. My goal as a teacher is to focus on clearly teaching the absolute necessities so you can learn new skills quickly and put them to use bringing your own dreams to life.
In my career as a web developer, I have had the privilege of building all kinds of websites and mobile applications, including custom blogs for influencers, e-commerce sites for small businesses, and enterprise-level web platforms for multi-million dollar organizations. Through each of these projects, I honed my workflow and assembled my “toolbox” of strategies and tactics to tackle any project without getting bogged down in the myriad of languages, tech stacks, and platforms available. It’s my hope to pass on these core fundamentals through a collection of courses now and in the future, and I’d be honored to have you join me on this adventure of learning and growing as digital professionals.
Hope to see you in class!