Wordpress for Beginners - Build a Live Website from Scratch
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build and customize a Wordpress Website from scratch
- customize your Wordpress website
- Add and modify your Wordpress theme
- Add pages and blog posts to your Wordpress website
- Add images, videos and other media to your website
- Find, install and modify Wordpress plugins
- Learn the basics of CSS and how to fully customize the look of your website
- If you are already a professional Wordpress developer, then this course is probably not for you, as it's more aimed toward those looking to get started, or those who have started and need a little help.
Build your first website using Wordpress from scratch.
Even if you've already started - this video will help you to take your website to the next level.
- Install Wordpress
- Add and modify the theme
- Add pages, blog posts, images and videos
- Change the colors and fonts and even add your own custom logo
- Choose a domain name and register it
- Setup hosting for your website (so your website can be live on the Internet)
- Understand the different options available for hosting and what's important
Take a quick look around cPanel, which is your admin area of your website.
Here you have lots of control over many options to make your website better, faster, more secure.
Plus, you can view stats about your website visitors and traffic to your website
- Install Wordpress on your website, using the quick install option
- Configure the settings for the best installation options
- Login to the admin area of Wordpress to start configuring Wordpress to suit your needs
Now Wordpress is installed, you can login to your own admin area, where you can fully customize all aspects of your website.
First we'll change a couple of the admin settings, that will give you a better user experience when you're logged in as the administrator.
We'll then change the admin password to something easier to remember
- Change the look and feel of your website using one of thousands of free themes
- Change the default Wordpress heading to reflect your own brand
- Add a menu and menu items for easy site navigation
- Modify the sidebar (widget area) and add additional functions
- This is a course for beginners through to intermediate users. I assume you have never built a website before, so start at the very basics.
- You don't need Wordpress, or even a domain name or web hosting, as we will set all that up in the first couple of videos and will talk about the different options available to you.
Want to build a Wordpress website from scratch? Maybe you already have a Wordpress website that you'd like to modify. Do you want to learn how to build websites for profit?
This course is perfect for you. I'll show you in simple step-by-step videos.
This course is aimed at beginners, so it is really broken down into step-by-step format, so that you can follow along with my videos, then, at the end - you can have a fully functioning Wordpress website.
The course is broken into 15 videos (including the intro video), each video building on the previous one, as we work through an actual website example, building a Wordpress website from scratch.
Wordpress is simple to install, modify and use. You can create your own stunning and fully functional website in less than an hour and be proud to show your friends, family and customers that you built the website yourself.
Knowing how to manage your own Wordpress website will also save you time and money, as you will be able to make any changes that you need to your own website.
Building a Wordpress website from scratch is fun and easy to learn.I look forward to helping you to get started and to bring your exciting new website creation to life.
- This course is for those who want to create a Wordpress website from scratch, or may already have a Wordpress website and would like to customize how it looks.
- This course starts at the basics, from registering a new domain name and setting up hosting, so that you can build a live website. I then show you how to install Wordpress, create pages and blog postings, then modify the look and feel of your website to suit your requirements.