Wordpress website built on Oracle Cloud - Always Free Tier
What you'll learn
- Building Word Press based website using Oracle cloud instructure as web hosting environment
- Creating a virtual machine linux environment using Oracle cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding manual backup and migration of wordpress site
- Enabling and making the website as https:// for free
- Basic knowledge on sql and linux commands would be beneficial but not essential
- Access to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (at least Free tier). The course provide information as how the access can be requested.
This course provides you with details of creating a virtual linux machine using Oracle Cloud infrastructure (always free) and using the same as your own webserver for hosting wordpress based website.
Developing and building website requires 3 tasks namely
1. Registered Domain name - This is provided by Domain registrar such as google etc.
2. Web hosting - Service that hosts your website. This could involve substantial cost & dependency on hosting provider.
3. Web program or wordpress : You can use web programming like HTML, PHP and many more. But one need to learn it and it can be time consuming too a build from scratch / test it as well. Instead for a MSME segment one can opt for word press.
Wordpress is open source & free, commonly used website platform. Word press has evolved over the years. In the last few year there are lot of options from 3rd party in form of themes and plug in, which can integrate seemlessly with wordpress. These plug in / themes has free as well as the cost version as well. This course covers only free version
The web hosting is generally performed by third party service providers like godaddy or bluehost or host gator etc. This involves cost based on feature opted for and there is also dependency on the hosting company. Instead of depending on web hosting service provider one could use Oracle Cloud infrastructure (Free tier) and build his own web hosting .
This course provide you will all details to enable web hosting using Oracle Cloud Instrastructure. Further Oracle cloud insfrastructure being in data center its up-time, performance may be much better than third party hosting center
The course covers:
•Getting in & accessing Oracle Cloud infrastructure.
•Oracle Cloud Infrastructure terminology.
•Compute Engine – creation of Oracle Linux instance on VM (Virtual machine) and access.
•Step by Step demonstration of creation of Linux instance and accessing it from Remote via putty.
•WordPress installation On Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
•PHP, Apache webserver, WordPress and mysql DB
•Blocksy Gutenberg theme, Brizy Plugin editor for building Website
•Domain Registration & DNS entry
•Manual Backup and Migration of WordPress Site – Overview
•Building up security in website with https - Freeware - Overview
Build you own security enabled website on Oracle cloud Infrastructure using wordpress theme.
With Business world being dynamic, you can make changes to website based on your business your ever changing business needs!
Note : You need access to Oracle cloud Infrastructure (atleast free tier) to build website
Who this course is for:
- Any one who wish to learn and develop website using wordpress and Oracle Cloud infrastructure (their own hosting)
Having over 25 + years of IT industry experience (Product development, Consulting & Training).
His last engagement was with Oracle India (initially with consulting and then with Oracle university) , which was for more than 12 years. Prior to this, had worked with Cap Gemini (formerly iGate Global Solution), GE to name a few.
Had managed projects and programs in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence implementations in the range of 3000 man days with revenue about 6mil US$ per year. These projects are on industry domains, such as Oil and Gas, Process Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Retail & Telecom across the globe.
Was awarded with "pace setter" , "best managed " project awards in recognition of efforts in project management.
He was also instrumental in design, development and roll-out of Graduate Hire program on Oracle Products stack for partner IT services companies in recent times.
Right from college was fascinated about devices and sensor interaction with computer, which made him focus on micro-controller in early 90's and that eventually attracted him towards field of Internet of things and Machine learning, AI these days.
Due to his vast experience, he has crafted varied unique courses in Udemy related project management, Internet of things, ERP & BI, Database modeling and design, SQL, Linux and more importantly on Cloud Infrastructure. Has plans to create more, as his passion has been on knowledge acquisition and sharing.
He is certified as
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Professional.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Associate.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Cloud Operations Associate.
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2021 Certified Specialist
Oracle Machine Learning using Autonomous Database 2021 Certified Specialist
Also certified in Python, IOT by NPTEL (Govt of India ) recently.
He holds a degree in engineering (Computer science) with MBA and a certified PMP since 2007