How To Make A Wordpress Website 2020 - No Experience Needed!
- A computer with fast, reliable internet access
- Patience to learn a new skill without expecting immediate expertise
- Small amount of investment to purchase plugin, theme, and hosting
Being able to create professional looking websites is the most important skill an online entrepreneur can have in 2019. But if you're like me, creating websites usually feels like a pain in the butt.
You know that excited feeling you get when you have an idea of what you want your new website to look like? It's great until you go to make that website come to life and it never looks as good as you want it too.
Your Options When Building A Website
There are many options you have when creating a Wordpress website: Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Buying a Wordpress Theme on Theme Forest, Elementor, or trying to build it from scratch. I've tried most of these options and the process takes a long time and is not fun.
Then Thrive Architect came out and it was a game-changer!
With Thrive Architect It's Fun To Build Websites
For the first time in my life it was actually fun to create websites. Now I look forward to creating a new site with the confidence that I can make it look and work exactly the way I want it too.
I have been using Thrive Architect for over a year now and seen the plugin improve tremendously. At this point I see Thrive Architect as the best possible tool anyone can use to create a beautiful Wordpress website in 2018.
I'm Not A Web Designer But Look What I Created
Take a look at the promo video for this course. I am not a web designer. I am not a coder. But I was able to make the website in that video in 2 days! The website is mobile responsive, looks professional, includes an email pop-up CTA, and was fun to make :)
In this free Thrive Architect course I take you from no experience to designing and creating a professional Wordpress website.
How This Course Is Structured:
You will learn everything you need to do before you start building your website. This is the biggest mistake I see new website designers make… They jump right into building their site without having a clear sense of purpose and inspiration.
You will learn how to decide on the purpose for your site, choose the fonts, decide on the page widths you want to use, choose a color palette, and make a wireframe of what you want your website to look like.
You will learn how to build your website’s foundation inside of Wordpress. This includes transferring your domain name to your hosting account. It also includes how-to videos on installing a fresh copy of Wordpress with a free SSL certificate, Thrive Architect, your site’s theme, free plugins to make your website load fast, free backup plugins that automatically backup your site, and my favorite free security plugin.
You will learn how to use the Thrive Architect page builder to make your website come to life! This is the fun part. All of the ideas you have for how you want your website to look like will become reality on a live website that you can share with anyone you want.
You will see LIVE Build videos that show you what it looks like to design a professional looking website in real time. It’s all about trial and error and not being too hard on yourself. As you can see I try a lot of things out that don’t work. I scrap those things and keep trying until the look just works. My intention with this Section is to inspire you to keep going even if you are having trouble making your website look great. If you persevere you will make something great!
My Hope For You
It’s my hope that you get a ton of this free tutorial on how to build a professional looking Wordpress website in 2018 using the Thrive Architect page builder. If you have any questions I’m always available to answer them :)
Have fun and share the websites you build with our community! I can’t wait to see it.
Have a great day,
Eric John Campbell
- Beginners to online website design. (Experienced website designers may find helpful tricks in this course but find the information to be too basic)
- Why I LOVE Thrive Architect & Free Checklist08:13
- Find Your Purpose & Inspiration05:14
- Choosing Your Website’s Color Palette05:35
- Choosing Your Fonts & Page Widths04:24
- Create A Wireframe & Write Website Copy07:00
- The Tools & Services You Need To Create A Wordpress Website07:43
- Pointing Your Domain Nameservers To WPX Hosting02:08
- Installing Wordpress & SSL Certificate Onto Your Domain04:41
- Installing Thrive Architect & Theme Onto Your Wordpress Website04:57
- Essential Speed Plugins For Your Wordpress Website04:08
- Installing Essential Backup & Security Plugins05:54
- Preparing A New ActiveCampaign Account To Collect Emails19:15
- Creating Your First Page & Loading A Premade Template04:42
- Overview Of Thrive Architect Page Builder06:02
- How To Use Foundational Elements10:10
- How To Use Templates & Symbols04:50
- How To Make Your Website Mobile Responsive08:47
- How To Set Your Landing Page Settings (& Reuse Page As A Template)05:40
- Introduction To LIVE Build Videos02:21
- Creating Menu & Footer20:54
- Creating A Personal Branding Website - Part 136:23
- Creating A Personal Branding Website - Part 229:20
- Creating A Personal Branding Website - Part 301:39:57
- Creating A Personal Branding Website - Part 4 (Mobile)53:52
- Creating A Personal Branding Website - Part 5 (Mobile)31:33
- Course Conclusion03:10
- Book A One-on-One Session With Your Instructor00:40
Life has given me a curveball. For most of my life I thought I was clear on who I was when it came to my work. I thought I was the entrepreneur. I had been starting random online businesses since the age of thirteen and grew up with a love for counting money.
This is why I was shocked to find out that my true calling is as a writer of books. This is completely different than I expected, and it has taken me some time to see this is the reason why I incarnated here on earth. My spiritual awakening has showed me that there are many words that come through me and need to be expressed.
Eric John Campbell