Business Blogging & Social Media PressRoom (Wordpress)
What you'll learn
- Create a Business Social Media Website with the free software Wordpress
- Write Social Media Press Release on new products, CEO messages etc
- Integrate Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Scribd(PDF) and so on into your website
- Create and Manage a Business or Corporate Blog with Wordpress
- Add to your Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media products and services for your organisation or clients.
- Mac or PC. Don't use a smart device (iphone), a desktop is better.
- A browser. Internet Explorer users will struggle a little with the embeds but I have a workaround for you! Chrome or Firefox or Safari users will be fine.
This is a BUSINESS course for Business, Government and Not for Profits: Wordpress can be used for a variety of purposes including hobby blogging and opinion sites. But in THIS course you'll learn how to turn the free Wordpress hosted software into a social media press room for Public Relations, Marketing and general Business students interested in Facebook and Twitter and blogs. If you want to integrate Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and all that good stuff into your website instead of having it sit aside from your channels, this is the course for you. If you are a corporate writer, public relations press release manager, or a small business wanting to create a free website that catches the eye of journalists, and customers on social media, this course will teach you how to create the site, add your own domain name, write articles and publish blog posts, turn your blog articles into an enewsletter and fully integrate social sharing, Facebook and Twitter into your hub/website. If you already have a website or even a Wordpress blog, this course will help you see if it's been set up right to get the most readers, and customers interest.
Learn what makes a social media press release "social".
See examples of a social media press room by some of the world's biggest companies and organisations
Practice writing for social media distribution by customers and journalists
Build social media into your everyday website so that the website and Facebook/Twitter work together, not separately
Gain experience blogging for business and learn what makes a successful (and read!) business blog
Brush up on your Public Relations, Marketing, Content and Business skills by creating a website from scratch (no techie bits!) and presenting it to the world
If you complete this course you will have a live, business website with relevant information for both customers to make purchasing decisions and journalists to review and contact you.
What are the Main Features of a Social Media Press Release?
A controllable hub (Facebook, Twitter etc are under the control of those companies).
Written in the most suitable brand voice (educational, serious, fun, corporate or entertainment)
Strong visual branding (colours and logos, and header images)
About statements on corporate social responsibility, company history, stories.
Contacts such as address of press launch, and maps, email addresses, phone numbers
Lots of rich content “social objects" ripe for dissemination on Facebook and Twitter
Usable and easy admin and structure – ability to email in a press release and have it go live!
Call to action widgets (sign up for email newsletters, download industry PDF, fill in survey)
Posts containing: Coupons, offers, competitions, company statements, message from CEO, industry vision.
Social sharing also increases SEO and SMO (search and social media optimisation).
Your own personal blogging mentor! 3 hours of videos, a workbook, quizzes, and a question and answer forum where you can ask me any question about Wordpress. I'll even make a video to respond to your question and walk you through it! Provided it hasn't been covered already etc.
My name is Laurel Papworth, I've been blogging for over 10 years (and before then, a "citizen journalist") and have won accolades such as Forbes Magazine "Top 50 Social Media Influencer" and AdAge magazine "Power 150 Media and Marketing Blogger". I have taught this course at University of Sydney and to Corporate and Government in Australia and Asia for 10 years. And I reach 6.8 million people a month through social media.
July 20 2015
Who this course is for:
- Marketing, Public Relations and Writers/Editors will gain a lot from the content marketing and social media press release parts of this course.
- This course is for anyone who is looking to use Wordpress for Business, who is interested in corporate blogging and writing, or who wants to understand how to make sure their website works WITH their social media and not separate from it. It's not for advanced Wordpress users or those who "just want to blog" and aren't concerned about Press or business needs.
- Small business, retail, work from home people will be able to set up a website for free, that meets their business needs.
- If you already have a Wordpress site, this will give you training on managing it. If you don't yet have a Wordpress site, this takes you through the correct setup of this free website builder.
- Students or those studying business, marketing, social media and other business topics will understand how a blog and social media website fits in with a business digital strategy
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media. My personal social media: Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 (AdAge Magazine) Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
Professionally, I manage Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 7,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community). I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
I personally have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention and have around 7,000 online students.