How to Create a WordPress Menu Driven Site & blog
What you'll learn
- Create a WordPress Site with a Solid Menu System
- Customize WordPress Menu
- Create WordPress Blog Menu Items
- Create External Links in WordPress Menu
- Edit WordPress Footer File For Custom Links
- Add a Lightbox (Fancybox) to WordPress Links for Privacy and Other Less essential Links
- Add Basic Mobile Responsiveness to WordPress
- Add Custom Mobile Responsiveness to WordPress to Allow Device Specific Content to Display
- Add Custom Mobile Reponsiveness to WordPress to Make Content Show Depending On The Type of Device Viewing the Page (For example: Phone can show different content in a page or post than a computer will show, etc)
- Create nesting WordPress menu
- How to install WordPress
- You can learn how at WordPress for Beginners, my free course.
In WordPress Menu, the latest of my WordPress Theme Customization series of training courses, I show you step by step how to get the most out of your menus, create custom linking in the footer, utilize a lightbox for less essential links, and make your site more mobile responsive.
This latest WordPress Theme Customization course walks through a real life site and shows you the exact steps to take to make your menu and your site respond to your liking and specific needs, whatever they are.
Not only do I walk you through menu setup, customization and design, I show you a lot of tricks and tips in between to make your WordPress site easier for you to manage and easier for users to use!
I show you how to create your first menu, how to place it in the right spot, how to nest menu items, how to create a lightbox function for certain links, and much more.
Part of making a WordPress site really easy to use and operate is allowing for the co-existence of your standard "website" and a "blog". I show you how to make your blog operate in conjuction with your normal site functions while keeping things organized and easy to use on both ends...user and web admin.
This course is perfect for the beginner who knows nothing about WordPress menus, or even the intermediate who needs a few things cleared up.
I answer questions like:
How do I create a "Blog" menu item that shows my blog posts in order?
How do I create direct links to Blog posts in my menu?
How do I customize the mobile responsiveness of my site beyond the theme's capabilities?
I want certain content to appear for iPhones and different to appear for PC, how do I do that?
How do I just create a solid menu with all the function and tweaks that I want?
and MUCH more!
This course, as with all my Theme Customization courses, is designed to make your learning easy, enjoyable and fun. Although it's designed for the beginner, I know many intermediate users who find it extremely useful as well.
If you have any questions about this course or any of my other WordPress Theme Customization courses, please don't hesitate to ask me! I love hearing from current or future students and doing what I can to help.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for a beginner to intermediate WordPress user who knows how to install WordPress and select a theme
- Anyone looking to create a WordPress site that uses Menus and special linking
- Anyone who wants a way to have a "normal" website and a "blog" on the same WordPress install, the blog being accessible by a single link
- Anyone who wants to learn how to create and edit menus in WordPress
- Anyone who wants to learn how to open links in a Lightbox or Fancybox
- Anyone wanting to learn how to make their WordPress site Mobile Responsive, making different content appear for different devices
I'm a poet and a writer, and truly an artist at heart. I've always had a knack for figuring out technical things however, and have held several jobs as a technology consultant.
Since 2009 I've run a consulting firm in Chattanooga TN helping small businesses implement and leverage technology and the web. In 2005 I became involved in Internet Marketing, successfully starting several websites and blogs since.
My expertise in consulting and technology is teaching and helping the beginner.