WordPress - Local install & Online Migration with WordPress
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course students should have an understanding of the physical structure of WordPress, and understand and implement two different ways to migrate a WordPress site from a local computer or domain, to another online hosting server
- Need to have a basic knowledge of WordPress
- Need to have a PC or Mac computer
- Need to have an interest in WordPress migration
In this course you will learn how to download and install the Xampp software needed to build WordPress websites offline on your home (localhost) computer. Once you have built a WordPress site you will learn how to download and install a WordPress plugin that will enable you to compress the local site, and then migrate it to an online hosting server. Occasionally with the plugin method you may run into WordPress migration problems with some host providers. This course will teach you a second method to migrate your WordPress site manually without using a plugin. This second method is a little more complex as it involves exporting and importing your databases, but it is a fail safe method that should work with all WordPress sites and hosting providers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming a WordPress web developer
- People that build WordPress websites for customers
- Anyone interested in exploring and experimenting with WordPress offline
- People that wish to migrate a WordPress site from one domain to another
With over 25 years experience in the I.T. industry, Jamie has huge experience in many different fields. Originally from England, Jamie moved to the US in 2007 working for an I.T. company in Tennessee. Now a free lance web developer specializing in Wordpress, HTML5, CSS3, Joomla and Bootstrap, Jamie also has his own I.T. company near Knoxville in Tennessee, and is keen to pass his skills on to the ever growing web development world.