WordPress Simplified: How to Build Powerful Websites + SEO
What you'll learn
- Design a complete WordPress website from start to finish with total confidence
- Understand SEO concepts and apply them to your own site to attract more site visitors
- Master the WordPress "Gutenberg Block Editor" to insert new design elements anywhere, without coding
- Learn WordPress & web design terminology to help you hold your own in any WordPress discussion
- Practice WordPress by installing on your own computer for free, or on any third-party host
- Answer 5 important planning questions to define your audience and website's design aesthetics
- Create a feature-rich website with the right WordPress Theme and WordPress Plugins that work for YOU
- Get familiar with WordPress's layout and work areas to improve your productivity
- Create new "Pages" and "Blog Posts," and understand the importance of content creation and blogging for SEO
- Develop your own styles and push site-wide changes through full site editing with the "Site Editor"
- Understand important WordPress security concepts, and implement the best solutions to keep your website safe
- Improve digital marketing for your online business with a better WordPress website
- No prior WordPress experience needed. I'll cover everything you need to know to start with WordPress from scratch.
- No prior SEO experience needed. Beginners and experts will learn important SEO concepts from this course.
- You will not need to code to design your professional website with WordPress!
The COMPLETE WordPress course for beginners to help you design a website from start to finish in 2023 and 2024, without coding. Join 600+ students in learning how to design professional WordPress websites that look beautiful and are optimized for search. It's time to empower your inner web designer and supercharge your online business with the world's most popular CMS.
Install WordPress without purchasing a domain or hosting, or through a third-party hosting provider, and build real websites with my step-by-step instructions.
This course always includes the latest version of WordPress, WordPress Themes, and WordPress Plugins, so you'll be learning with the most up-to-date information in 2023, 2024, and beyond.
Learn how to plan, set-up, and design your website using WordPress. This beginner-friendly course will walk you through everything you need to know to get your site up and running, while showing you how to design your website professionally without needing to hire a web developer. The best part? There's no coding required!
You'll design a COMPLETE website, from start to finish, with my hands-on lectures that walk you through all the important web design features found in WordPress.
Additionally, you'll learn the same expert SEO techniques I used to rank my website on page 1 of Google for over 800 keywords. More page 1 rankings simply means more traffic to your website, and thus more potential sales for your online business.
I show you everything I've learned in my 10+ years using WordPress for my online business plus designing websites for my clients.
Upon finishing this course, you'll have a professional website that's published and ready for your audience!
In This 2023 WordPress Course, You'll Learn:
Basic and Advanced WordPress Concepts and Terminology
How to Download & Install WordPress On a Host (like SiteGround, GoDaddy, or Bluehost), or On Your Own Computer
Proper Planning Techniques to Set Your Website Up for Success
General UI/UX Design Concepts (User Experience and User Interface)
The WordPress Dashboard - the control center of WordPress!
The Site Editor for Designing Templates in WordPress 6.0 and Newer
The Block Editor for Designing Webpages (a.k.a. the Gutenberg Editor)
Patterns and Synced Patterns for saving time while creating and editing webpage layouts
Full Site Editing
Setting a Static Homepage
How to Design Important Webpages from Start to Finish, Including:
Portfolio Page (Image Gallery)
Important Concepts and Tips for WordPress Plugins
How to Install and Set Up WordPress Plugins
SEO and Digital Marketing Tips and Techniques to Help Your Site Get More Traffic
Updates from WordPress 6.1, WordPress 6.2, WordPress 6.3, and WordPress 6.4
Everything You Need to Know to Design a Website From Start to Finish
Security Tips to Make Your WordPress Website More Secure
Here's what current students are saying about the course:
"I really got a lot out of this course. It was a bit of a refresher for me as I used WordPress about 10 years ago. The lecturer's voice and the audio in general is very clear and the talking is always relevant to what is happening, no mumbling or going off track. The lectures proceed at a reasonably fast pace, you can of course stop the video occasionally to keep up. The visuals and descriptions are good. You will build a website, step by step alongside the lecturer. I felt I learned quite a bit in terms of using WordPress, using the block editor, creating a website and general knowledge about the whole process. Well worth my time."
"With an engaging delivery, Michael leads wonderfully through this course."
"This course was precise and understandable for anyone wanting to learn how to set up a website. Michael is a great instructor and looking forward to seeing the upcoming updates on this course."
If you've always wanted to design your own website from scratch, but never quite knew the steps and never wanted to learn coding (minus the occasional CSS), this is the perfect course for you! Consider it a beginner's guide to WordPress with all the essential basics.
Whether you own a small business, run a side hustle, or simply want a personal website to showcase yourself, WordPress is a great platform for building professional sites in relatively short amount of time. It's all the tools used in web development, without all the coding. By the time you've finished this course, you'll feel comfortable navigating WordPress and its many useful features.
Plus, I integrate my knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) along the way - providing pointers and tips that I've used on client sites and my own sites to get more traffic. These SEO strategies have helped my business reach 1,000,000 annual site visitors in back-to-back years. I've been teaching and implementing SEO best practices for over 10 years, and am now imparting my knowledge to you.
WordPress is an extremely popular free and open source Content Management System (CMS), and I hope you'll enjoy using it as much as I have over the years! You can ask me any questions you may have as you work through the course.
Don't love the course? It comes with a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! That means if you don't like the course for any reason, you can get a full refund within 30 days of your initial enrollment.
Thanks for your interest, and if you decide to enroll - I'll see you in there.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with limited to no web design experience looking to create websites with WordPress
- People with no coding experience wanting to build beautiful websites from start to finish
- Online business owners who want to build a professional WordPress website without hiring a web developer
- People who want to become the go-to WordPress expert in their office or social circle
- People who want to learn WordPress without paying expensive hosting fees
- People who want to increase traffic to their website with better UX design and SEO practices
I'm a GIMP, WordPress, and Darktable expert and owner of Davies Media Design, one of the largest FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) educators in the world!
My goal is to help beginners master free and open source software so they can create beautiful creative projects of their own without needing to purchase expensive software. Whether you're looking to build a beautiful and professional WordPress website that ranks high on Google, or simply want to take your photography to the next level, I've got the courses to help you master the skills you've always wanted to learn.
My videos & tutorials on GIMP, WordPress, and Darktable have received millions of views from all over the world. They can be seen on sites like YouTube, where I have over 150,000 subscribers and 15 million views.
My GIMP Masterclass is a best-selling course on Udemy. I also have a course on WordPress and Darktable, with more subjects to come!
I have a Marketing Degree from the University of Central Florida and am the owner of Davies Media Design - a company that designs courses, video tutorials, and eBooks for GIMP, WordPress, Inkscape, and Darktable. In addition to teaching online, I have also taught various workshops in the US.