WordPress 6.0 for Non-Coders | 2022 Web Design for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Design a Beautiful WordPress Site From Start to Finish
- Learn the NEW WordPress 6.0, Released in 2022
- Identify the Best Install Location and Successfully Install WordPress
- Create a Proper Plan for Building a Better WordPress Site
- Get Familiar with the WordPress Admin Area & Dashboard
- Master WordPress's Block Editor & Site Editor
- Find and Download the Best Plugins for Your WordPress Website
- Add New Pages and Blog Posts
- Utilize Important SEO Concepts to Get More Traffic to Your WordPress Website
- Customize Your Site's Colors and Fonts to Match Your Branding
- No prior WordPress experience needed. I'll cover everything you need to know to start with WordPress from scratch.
Learn how to plan, set-up, and design your website using WordPress! This beginner-friendly course will walk you through everything you need to know to get your site up and running, while showing you how to design your website professionally without needing to hire a web developer. The best part? There's no coding required!
I show you everything I've learned in my 10+ years using WordPress as a digital storefront for my business. I not only help you decide on the best URL (also known as a "web address") to use for your website, but also show you where and how to purchase your domain URL and install WordPress. I then provide TONS of planning tips and tricks that I've learned throughout the years to help you make better decisions about your website's size, style, and content.
In the course, you'll learn:
Basic and Advanced WordPress Concepts and Terminology
How to Download & Install WordPress On a Host (like Siteground or GoDaddy) or On Your Own Computer
Proper Planning Techniques to Set Your Site Up for Success
The WordPress Layout
The Site Editor for Designing Templates in WordPress 6.0
The Block Editor for Designing Webpages
Setting a Static Homepage
How to Design Important Webpages from Start to Finish, Including:
Portfolio Page (Image Gallery)
Important Concepts and Tips for WordPress Plugins
How to Install and Set Up Plugins
SEO Tips and Techniques to Help Your Site Get More Traffic
My high-definition, high-quality video lessons ensure you learn the various features and settings found throughout the WordPress layout so that you know your way around the CMS (Content Management System) like the back of your hand. Plus, you'll learn how to create and manage site templates, pages, blog posts, and more.
I integrate my knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) along the way - providing pointers and tips that I've used on client sites and my own sites to get more traffic. These SEO strategies have helped my main site reach 1,000,000 annual site visitors in back-to-back years (2020 and 2021). More site visitors usually leads to higher sales volume, which means more money for you and your business!
WordPress is an extremely popular free and open source Content Management System (CMS), and I hope you'll enjoy using it as much as I have over the years!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners of all backgrounds looking to create a website with WordPress
- Non-coders who want to build a website from scratch with no coding
- Anyone looking to finally master WordPress to build better websites the proper way
I'm a GIMP and WordPress guru and owner of Davies Media Design, one of the largest FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) educators in the world! I've been using GIMP since before it was cool (back in 2011) and have watched this software grow up to be a real asset to any graphic designer or photographer. I've used WordPress since 2011 and have use it to build a successfully website for my business - getting over 1 million site visitors in 2020 and 2021.
My goal is to help beginners master free and open source software so they can create beautiful projects of their own without needing to purchase expensive software.
My videos & tutorials on GIMP have received over 14 million views from all over the world. They can be seen on sites like YouTube, where I have over 100,000 subscribers.
My GIMP Masterclass is a best-selling course on Udemy. I also have a course on WordPress and Darktable, with more subjects to come!
I have a Marketing Degree from the University of Central Florida and am the owner of Davies Media Design - a company that designs courses, video tutorials, and eBooks for GIMP, WordPress, Inkscape, and Darktable. In addition to teaching online, I have also taught various workshops in the US.