WordPress Developers: Create a Plugin #1 - Shortcodes
- 30 mins on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- create your first WordPress plugin from scratch
- use their own plugin to build custom shortcodes for your WordPress site
- understand what elements need to be included in a WordPress plugin
- You should have a basic understanding of HTML
- You should have a fair knowledge about CSS
- You should know how to program in PHP
- You should know what WordPress is and how to use it
This class is not a beginner level.
Here is what you need to know when you want to learn WordPress plugin development.
1) You should have a basic understanding of HTML
2) You should have a fair knowledge about CSS
3) You should know how to program in PHP
In this class, I will show most of the examples running in my local environment.
The course will not teach, how you can set up a development system for WordPress, but you can find useful resources, where you can learn it.
For example, my fellow teacher Laurence Svekis has an excellent class named "Setup XAMPP run a local server web development."
I recommend watching his class if you want to learn how to setup a local web server, where you can install and run WordPress for local development.
He is also teaching a class named "Quick Learning PHP for Beginners," so if you are not a PHP programmer yet, you can start there.
You should also be familiar using a code editor.
I am using sublime text, but you can use any code editor that you are familiar with, for example, Notepad++, Atom, Coda, or Brackets.
I also assume that you know what WordPress is and how to work with it as a regular user or webmaster.
If you need basic knowledge about this, check out my class series here on Udemy that is named "Zero to Hero Webmaster."
These classes will teach you how to set up WordPress and how to use it as a professional website for your business.
This class is for developers, who wants to learn to build WordPress plugins from scratch.
- Web developers and PHP programmers