Free Wordpress Blog Or Paid Webhost? [Wordpress .com v .org]
What you'll learn
- Decide between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org based on your circumstances.
- Understand the difference between a sub-domain and a top-level domain, and how it relates to Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org.
- Understand the web-space and bandwidth restrictions at Wordpress.com compared to a self-hosted Wordpress installation.
- Understand how a Wordpress.com blog can be monetized compared with a self-hosted blog using Wordpress.com scripts.
- Understand what customization can be done at Wordpress.com compared with a self-hosted Wordpress blog.
- Understand the costs associated with both a Wordpress.com account and a self-hosted Wordpress blog.
- Understand the different skills needed to get started and maintain a Wordpress.com blog compared to a self-hosted Wordpress blog.
- No prior knowledge is assumed. With an Internet connection and a computer or tablet, anyone should be able to follow this course.
This course is a "MUST"
Neil has done a great job with this course. He presented an excellent overview of wordpress. If you want to create a wordpress blog, you MUST do this course. You will gain basic and essential knowledge and this will help you to make a decision.
Sergio Casado Suarez
This course compares and contrasts the differences between the free blogging service offered by Wordpress and a self-hosted blog running Wordpress scripts.
The course is suited to anyone who's interested in blogging, and has heard of Wordpress, but isn't clear whether or not they should sign up for a free account at Wordpress, or use the free scripts from Wordpress to self-host their own blog.
The course covers many differences between the two scenarios, including...
... the differences in how you can monetise your blog
... the different amount of web-space and bandwidth provided
... the different theme and plugin restrictions
... the different domain and sub-domain options
... the email differences
... and much more!
At the end of this course, students will be able to decide whether a free account at Wordpress or a self-hosted blog running Wordpress scripts is the right choice for them.
Please note, this course does not look at the actual process of creating blog posts and pages as this process is very similar for users of both Wordpress and self-hosted blogs.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in blogging or building a website with Wordpress, but is unsure whether to take a free account at Wordpress.com or take the self-hosted route using the free scripts from Wordpress.org.
- This course is not about blogging, and does not explain the differences between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org scripts when creating and posting content.
- This course is not for people who are already familiar with the differences between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org, or people who want a comparison of Wordpress with other content management scripts and blogging platforms.
"The content of this course is super informative and comprehensive. The instructor is one of the best. His delivery is great and understandable. A commendable instructor! Thank You." (Juliette Barredo, "Setup + Install Wordpress" student)
"Neil is one of the best instructors I have experienced on the UDEMY platform. His courses are clear, concise, comprehensive, and very well thought out. I look forward to more content from this very talented instructor." (Ray Carman, "Setup + Install Wordpress" student)
"A very knowledgeable instructor with great teaching skills." (Jolanta Jeanneney, "Free Wordpress Blog Or Paid Webhost? [Wordpress .com v .org] student).
Since selling his first ebook online in 1997, Neil has enjoyed helping online entrepreneurs by producing simple, "how to" guides and products covering almost every facet of "Internet marketing" from Adsense and Wordpress to Info-publishing, Affiliate marketing and SEO.
As a former scientist with a Ph.D. in breast cancer research, Neil's expertise is in distilling complex problems into workable solutions. Whether you're brand new to Internet marketing or are successfully generating income and profits online, let's work together to boost your Internet success!