WordPress Basics for Beginners
- Web Server
- WordPress installed
This course covers all the bare bone basics of the WordPress CMS platform. You will learn about the basics and how to quickly turn a simple blog into a professional looking website. I covered all the major aspects in simple terms without any technical jargon. You can easily catch up and perform all the complicated stuff with a click of a button.
WordPress CMS Basics is aimed for the beginners who are getting started in self hosted WP platform. If you want to do it yourself or you want to get hired help, this course is for you get started.
This course has a total of 19 videos which teaches you all about,
- Difference between posts and pages and which one to use in which case
- WordPress editor overview
- How to put your website under maintenance when you do not want other people to see it while you are working on it
- How to chose a beautiful looking template/design to your website with a click of a button
- Making WordPress look less like a blog and more like a standard website, so you can use it for your business purposes
- Using the export/import function to move articles from another blog to yours
- Setting up the WordPress navigation menu and adding new menu items
- How to update the WP version
Additionally I have also covered some of the advances tricks like,
- Handling SPAM comments and trackback
- Adding a custom contact form in your website
- Embedding third party You-Tube videos
- Changing the WordPress permalink structure for usability
- Inserting images, media, widgets and some other bonus materials
On average this course will take around 1-2 hours to complete and after completing this course you will know all the core basic features of a WordPress powered website.
You can also ask me questions about the course through the discussion area. I will be happy to answer them. I will also add new and updated videos with your feedback.
Who this course is for:
- Web development beginners
Hey, it's Tamal Chowdhury a software engineer, web developer, and blogger from Bangladesh. I have a passion for technology and one thing I love more than building software is teaching others in simple words. So if you like to learn a complex topic, send me a message and let me see if I can make a video about it. Thanks