Wordpress Backup & Restore
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Backup and Restore a Wordpress Site
- Automate the backup of the Wordpress Database and important files and then be able to use those backups to restore a broken website
- Get backups sent to cloud storage (e.g. DropBox) and/or email.
- Understand the important parts of a Wordpress site that need to be backed up, and those parts that do not need to be backed up.
This lecture introduces the instructor of the course and the course itself. It will tell you what you are going to learn, and why it's important for your success as a Wordpress site owner.
This lecture introduces you to a few differences between more traditional HTML based websites and Wordpress. Knowing these differences will help you understand how to backup Wordpress.
This lecture shows you the components that make up a Wordpress website, and explains which parts you need to backup and which you don't.
This course gives you options. For example, you can backup your site manually, or by using a plugin or script. Even within the manual backup, you have options. This lecture explains the options you have for backing up and restoring your site, and tells you which lectures are relevant to the possible backup pathways. See this lecture before you move on with the course.
- Students will need to have (or plan to get) a Wordpress website that needs backing up.
Wordpress powers some of the most important websites on the planet. If you own a Wordpress website, then you know how powerful and easy it is to use. Wordpress makes it easy for anyone, even a complete beginner, to build a high quality, professional website without needing to learn the technical aspects of web design.
The one problem I often get asked though, is how do you back it up? I mean you wake up one morning to find your website is returning some kind of error in the web browser. What do you do? How do you restore your website? For that matter, how do you back it up so that you have what you need to restore it?
Well now you can finally relax. This course will take you by the hand and teach you everything you need to know about backing up and restoring a Wordpress website. I'll show you how to manually backup and restore the site, and then show you a free plugin you can use to automate the backups on a schedule that suits you.
In this course, you'll learn:
- which parts of your Wordpress install you need to backup, and how to access them.
- how to manually backup the important files using either FTP or the File Manager found in cPanel. I'll even teach you how to setup FTP.
- how to manually restore the files using FTP or cPanel.
- how to manually backup the Wordpress database.
- how to manually restore the Wordpress database.
- about the different types of automated backups you can create.
- how to install a simple plugin that will automatically backup your Wordpress database on a schedule you define, and send those backups to your email address.
- how to setup a free Wordpress plugin to automate the backup of your entire Wordpress website, and upload those backups to Dropbox (or other online storage area), AUTOMAGICALLY.
By the end of this course, you will be confident that you will be able to restore a Wordpress website in the event of a tragedy. You'll know the importance of keeping regular backups over a period of time, and be confident handling those backups.
Never worry about your Wordpress website again. After this course, you will be fully prepared for any problems that might occur in the future.
- This course is for anyone that owns a Wordpress website, and wants to be able to safeguard the site by taking regular, automated backups.
- Anyone that wants to know how to backup and restore a Wordpress website.