WordPress Website Backup & Migration: How to Move Your Site.
What you'll learn
- Backup your WordPress site using cPanel
- Backup your WordPress site using Plugins
- Migrate your WordPress site using multiple tools
- Using plugins you will be able to secure your site on your new host.
- At the end of the course students will be able to backup and migrate WordPress Websites to a new secure hosting server with confidence!
- Site Security
- Prior WordPress Admin experience.
- You should have a good understanding of your computer's operating system.
- Access to a cPanel Hosted Account
Step-by-step methods of how to: backup / move & restore your WordPress site.
I will show you how to create backups using cPanel and backup plugins. Then you will learn how to create a clone of your site and how to migrate it using plugins and manually. We will then cover moving from one hosting provider to another. We will also cover setting up a localhost testing environment to test on before moving it to your new host.
You do not need any programming experience. You do need some WordPress Admin experience with access to a cPanel hosting account.
What this course will give you is: CONFIDENCE in creating backups & moving your site, including your emails!
I have included a BONUS section on site security enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- WordPress Administrators
- WordPress Theme Developers
- Internet Marketers
- Anyone wanting to expand their skills and job opportunities
Hi, I'm Chris your instructor.
Certified in A+, i-Net+ and having acquired my Master CIW Designer designation I love the Internet: Website Design, SEO, Social Media, Product Photography and Video Productions—are all part of what I do.
I have been building websites for business owners for over 10 years. I now specialize in WordPress Development.
Search Engine Optimization should be part of everyone's tool-set. SEO needs to be considered in any project at the design stage. SEO has changed a lot over the past 15 years. The Google 'Panda' update in 2011 and 'Penguin' in 2012 made major improvements to search results. Now it is becoming more about authorship and social media interactions. With the recent 'Possum' update in 2016 to the 'Pigeon' algorithm, Google is providing a more accurate local search.
I believe the internet will continue to grow in the direction of information shared by all for the benefit of all. I love teaching and I am presently working on my CTT+ (certified technical trainer) designation.