WordPress Backup And Restore Fundamentals
- I will assume that you are already a WordPress user, but no advanced WordPress knowledge is necessary.
This course explains the necessary steps needed to successfully backup and restore your WordPress blog to a functional state. A backup of your blog is vital in many situations.
The course describes how to manually backup and restore your blog and how to automate this tasks by using plugins.
The course includes video tutorials and presentation slides.
Course duration is about 1 hour.
- Students that are interested in becoming more proficient with WordPress.
- Course Introduction02:44
- Locally hosted WordPress01:12
- Why do you need a backup ?02:10
- What to backup ?02:17
- Manual WordPress backup02:02
- Backup WordPress using FTP03:31
- Manual Database backup01:47
- Manual Database delete01:26
- Manual deleting WordPress blog01:52
- WordPress download and install02:54
- Restoring the Database02:37
- WordPress Plugins - What to look for02:23
- WordPress plugins discussed in this course00:35
- Installing and configuring BackUpWordpress plugin06:27
- Installing WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin02:38
- Creating a Dropbox account03:54
- Plugin authorizing and creating first backup05:04
- Post creating first backup and navigating Dropbox folders00:42
- Plugin settings panel after first run00:15
- Dropbox file versioning01:18
- Backing up to other cloud services11:37
- Premium backup plugins and services02:59
- The end00:26
- Bonus Lecture00:22
As a software developer, I am responsible for the development of management software products produced by the company. My area of expertise includes programming languages like Java, Objective-C, C#, C++, PHP, Ruby and system administration. With more than 15 years of Desktop software development experience, I discovered that mobiles application programming is something that I would love to do for the rest of my life :)
I am very passionate about teaching everyday people topics that they are interested in. I think that in order to keep up with the latest technology trends your leaning process should be a continuous one.
The biggest goal for me right now is to motivate and inspire others through the form of knowledge. If I can inform someone of ways to achieve a healthy mindset or production solution that makes their life easier, I can officially say that I've done my job.