Introduction To WordPress 5: Create Your First Website Fast
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build your own functional website with the latest version of WordPress.
- Choose and register your website domain name.
- Choose a web hosting for your website.
- Create pages and posts.
- Create a navigation menu for all the pages you create.
- Change how your website looks using a FREE theme.
- Use Plugins to add functionality to your website.
- Add a contact form to your website in a couple of minutes.
- Add a logo and browser icon to your website.
- A computer with internet connection.
- A web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Website domain and hosting.
- A desire to create and control your own website.
In December 2018, WordPress released version 5 of the most popular website software that allows you to build beautiful websites without any programming or coding.
This course shows you how to use the building blocks of WordPress to build your fully responsive and functional websites that you control and can update anytime by using any of the thousands FREE themes and plugins.
Having total control of what happens to your content, your followers or customers is the most important aspect of having a website.
This is why, I do not recommend anyone to have a FREE hosted website, because the hosting platform decides what happens to your website, in other words, you don't own your website.....they do.
If you learn to create your own website, the only costs for having a website will be for buying your own domain and the cost of hosting your website files with a web hosting platform.
This course is designed to show you step by step how to install WordPress, customise your website and create posts, pages and a navigation menu.
You will learn how to add a contact form so your website visitors can send you a message by email, it shows you the basics of creating your very own website that you can change the look of just by replacing one FREE theme with another.
With over 56 thousand free plugins, you can expand your website functionality beyond your needs.
If you can dream it....you can make it happen with WordPress.
- Anyone interested in learning WordPress to create their first website fast.
- Anyone who has no experience in website creation.
- Anyone who has no programming, coding or website building experience.