Word 2013: Office Certification Series
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 3,500+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course, you will be ready to take and successfully pass the Word Core 2013 exam.
- A lesson for every objective on the Word Certification Exam
- Overview of the new exam format
- Students will need Microsoft Office Word 2013 in order to complete this course. This can be the desktop version, the Windows RT version, or the Office 365 version.
This course is the first in a series that covers the new Microsoft Office Specialist exam format for 2013. The new exams are completely different!
Word 2013: Office Certification Series covers the Word Core 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist Exam #77-418 exam from Microsoft. By passing this exam and earning a Microsoft certification you become part of the MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) network which will enhance job opportunities and could increase pay as well.
With the course you will receive practice materials and the skills needed to pass the Word Core 2013 exam. This course should take you only a few days to complete.There are 6 sections in this course, and each lecture is tied directly to one or more skilled measured as defined by Microsoft.
This course covers every objective listed by Microsoft and a few skills that are not, but are considered valuable knowledge. Mail merge for example is not covered on the exam, but is a huge time saver when having to compose form letters to multiple recipients.
To register for the exam please visit Microsoft's exam provider Certiport and purchase an exam voucher. The website is www.certiport.com. Select Register in the upper right corner, to begin the process. When asked what your purpose is answer "Take an Exam." Then register for the Microsoft exams. Now you are all set to visit a Certiport testing center to take your exam!
Once you pass the exam, you will receive an exam certification and access to the Microsoft Certified Professional website which offers a wealth of benefits.
- This course is intended for anyone who wishes to learn advanced features of Word, new features in 2013, and those who wish to become Word certified.
This video discusses the new ribbon button and interface changes in Word 2013. The following is covered:
- New Design ribbon button
- New Document Styles gallery
- Account features in Backstage
- Skydrive integration
- Redesigned Save As and Open views in Backstage
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to effectively use the new open and save views in Backstage and know how to set the theme and other options moved from the Page Layout tab.
How to create styles in Word 2013. Look in Supplementary material for another video on modifying styles, and for sample exercises.
This lesson covers left and right tabs in Word 2013. The default tab is explored as well as using leaders with your tabs and the differences between right and left tabs.
· Right tabs- text flows from the LEFT of the insertion point after the tab
· Left tabs- text flows from the RIGHT of the insertion point after the tab
To set a tab-
1. Home tab à Paragraph Group à Paragraph Dialog box launcher à Tab button (Lower left)
2. Type where you wish to set the tab on the ruler.
3. Select the type of tab
4. Select any leader options
5. Click Set to set the tab
6. Click OK to exit the dialog box.
Note: NEW in 2013- clicking OK will set the tab as well.
By the end of this lesson you will be able to insert footnotes, endnotes, in-line citations, create a works cited page, create captions for graphics, and create a table of figures.
You will learn how to create, edit, and delete comments and how to use the track changes feature in Word. Additionally you will learn how document protection and how to implement it into your documents.