Woodworking Course: Have a Pro speed your learning!
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will understand woodworking concepts.
- You will be able to make educated purchases of your first woodworking tools
- You will understand how to create dovetail joinery and mortise and tenon joinery. You will learn how to prepare wood for you project.
- If you have ever dreamed of making your own furniture or wood projects, this course will provide you with the knowledge to get going.
- Learning woodworking fundamentals early on will ensure you become a successful woodworker.
- Start Woodworking (eBook, $15) included with course
- Reference material on each lecture included to download
- Interactive quiz after each section to reinforce your knowledge
- WoodSkills certificate issued upon completion of course.
- No requirements are necessary to take this course.
Do you want to learn woodworking and be able to make your own furniture and cabinets? The Woodworking Course is composed of individual lectures on hand tools, power tools, machinery, joinery as well as finishing and veneering. The Online Woodworking Class is self-paced and can be completed at your speed.
Start Woodworking (eBook, $15) included with Woodworking Course
Lectures can be completed individually or in sequence. Each lecture ranges from 5 to 20 minutes in length for a combined total of over 5 hours of instruction. Updated videos (2022) with new graphics. Interactive quiz at the end of each section. Learn woodworking concepts and basics with this course. The extensive knowledge gained is an excellent basis for further woodworking education. Now learn to make your own wood projects and furniture! Use your new knowledge to make furniture you can sell. A WoodSkills certificate is issued upon completion of the course.
CJSKeller writes: "Excellent course! I'm an amateur woodworker who has used many of the tools covered in this course. I never really knew what they were or understood their full application. Thanks to this course I now feel more confident with my woodworking skills"
Al Mangini writes: "Excellent course. I'm new to woodworking and found the course to be very valuable and informative. I would recommend this course"
Elizabeth Morales-Valido writes: "Great woodworking course. Very thorough and informative in the teaching and materials"
Who this course is for:
- No prior woodworking knowledge is necessary. The novice through intermediate woodworker will benefit from this course.
- If you have an interest in woodworking and making furniture, this course will provide you with the knowledge to get you going.
I design + make furniture as a woodworker and furniture maker at Refined Edge Design and Pirollo Design. With an education in cabinetmaking, I offer 25+ years of expertise in working with wood. Studies were completed at a fine furniture school to further my furniture making and woodworking skills. I enjoy challenging myself with new techniques and processes. My furniture studio has a mix of hand tools, machinery and power tools. The emphasis is on a hybrid use of both hand tools and power tools and the processes to make woodworking more efficient.
In recent years, my award-winning furniture has been featured in the following books: Studio Furniture: Today's Leading Woodworkers, Wood Art Today 2, 500 Cabinets, Rooted as well as Fine Woodworking Magazine and various international magazines. As well, I have been nominated as a finalist for a NICHE 2013 Award. In recent years, five of my own books have been published including "Quiet Woodworking: In An Unquiet World", "Woodworking: From Design to Making", "Start Your Own Woodworking Business", "The Wood Artist" and "From Hi-Tech to Lo-Tech: A Woodworker's Journey". I currently operate my furniture design studio in a country setting outside Ottawa, Ontario where I teach woodworking skills, create woodworking instructional courses through WoodSkills, as well as designing and creating fine furniture.