Wood Carving for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Gathering the correct carving tools
- step by step carving my famous Little People
- Master the 4 basic wood carving cuts
- Learn to Paint and properly antique your carvings
- You will need a Carving knife and a V tool, we will discuss in lecture which to buy and where
- 7/8inch X 7/8inch X 2 1/4 inch piece of Basswood
Come discover the world of wood carving. This course is intended for anyone who's ever asked the question how do you carve that? How do you get started? I take my students step by step through topics like what knifes to use and what tools are needed. They will Master the four basic wood carving cuts. Then I teach my students how to create my famous Little People carvings. In this video I carve my 2020th Little Person and I just love carving them and you will too. Also we will make a very handy guide on how to carve faces, people love having this guide around. You never know what you do until you try it.
Who this course is for:
- This Woodcarving course is designed for someone’s very first time craving and by the end you will have created your own Little Person Carving. Even if you have some carving experience this course will be a great refresher and I bet you'll learn something new as well. I would not recommend this course for someone who is unsteady with their hands since we are using very sharp knives.
Hello my name is Sharon Elliott and I am an artist living in the Phoenix Arizona area. I have been wood carving for 30 years and I've been teaching classes for the last 20 years on wood carving. I also in the last couple years started Water color painting which now I'm teaching and selling many paintings. I love to create arts and crafts with my hands and enjoy creating from nothing. I have my work in a couple galleries across Arizona. On Udemy I plan on teaching courses on wood carving and watercolor painting, and perhaps if people like my courses ill create a pine needle baskets class, we shall see. You never know what you can do until you try.