Keys To Success For Women Entrepreneurs with Sramana Mitra
What you'll learn
- Through in-depth interviews with successful female founders who have built multi-million dollar revenue startups, gain insights on how to identify startup oppor
- How to build a startup when you have a full-time job and family responsibilities.
- How to leverage bootstrapping to overcome work-life challenges.
- What funding options are available to women entrepreneurs.
- When to bring on a team when you are building a startup.
- How to scale a startup, which options to use for scaling.
- What the exit options are when building a startup.
- The only requirement for this course is an open mind and a willingness to learn.
The 1Mby1M Methodology is based on case studies. In this course, Sramana Mitra shares the tribal knowledge of tech entrepreneurs by giving students the rare seat at the table with the entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders who provide the most instructive perspectives on how to build a thriving business. Through these conversations, students gain access to case studies exploring the alleys of entrepreneurship. Sramana’s synthesis of key learnings and incisive analysis add great depth to each discussion.
In the spirit of feminine feminism, this course shares the journeys of dozens of inspiring women entrepreneurs. It simulates mentoring sessions with twenty successful women entrepreneurs.
As you will see through the perspectives of so many dynamic, highly successful women, entrepreneurship is not easy at all. Running a company, raising children, nurturing a successful relationship, typically constitute a chaotic cocktail. Nonetheless, all these women entrepreneurs enjoy what they do, and would encourage more women to plunge into entrepreneurship.
Of course, there are trade-offs, and all of us have made those trade-offs.
None of this is easy. Entrepreneurship is extremely challenging. But if you have the stomach for it, being an entrepreneur, building something from nothing, realizing your vision and see it blossom into something real, tangible, impactful, important – is immensely fulfilling.
I would never trade that core sense of purpose for anything in the world! At the same time, I would also never trade-off my femininity. I am not a believer in masculine feminism, where you need to behave like the ‘guys’. Real power comes from that core sense-of-self – your deep self-esteem, your faith in your own work ethic, your talent, your vision, your conviction, your ability to influence people through the inherent positivity of your persona.
I hope this course will give you the courage to be yourself. Pursue your dreams.
The 1Mby1M courses are all heavily based on interview-based case studies on Innovation, Business Models, Go To Market Strategies, Validation Principles, and various other nuances of an entrepreneur's journey. We offer extensive opportunities for entrepreneurs to learn the lessons from the trenches from successful entrepreneurs who have done it before.
Who this course is for:
- Ambitious women with limited resources who want to pursue ideas for a multi-million dollar revenue tech businesses.
- Women engineers who want to become startup founders rather than remain employees.
- Women founders who want to build e-commerce businesses.
- Aspiring female founders who want to increase their chances of getting accepted into a top startup accelerator such as Y Combinator, Techstars, and 500 Startups.
- Any entrepreneur who wants to learn from successful entrepreneurs who have done it before and from investors who have supported them.
- Professors teaching technology entrepreneurship courses anywhere in the world.
Sramana Mitra is Founder and CEO of One Million by One Million (1Mby1M), a global virtual accelerator that aims to help one million entrepreneurs globally to reach $1 million in revenue and beyond. She is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and strategy consultant, she writes the blog Sramana Mitra On Strategy, and is author of the Entrepreneur Journeys book series and Vision India 2020. As an entrepreneur CEO, she ran three companies: DAIS, Intarka, and Uuma. Sramana has a master’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 2015, Sramana was named one of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Influencers, alongside Bill Gates and Richard Branson.