Women and Digital Inclusion
What you'll learn
- To promote women's entrepreneurship
- To discuss about the access to devices is only the first of many steps
- To prove strategies for addressing the gender digital divide that have already been successfully delivered results for women
- To describe the application of digital devices for equality and justice
- No experience is required
The ability to access and use the internet effectively is central to women’s digital inclusion.
• When women gain meaningful access and participate in evolving knowledge societies, it is not only women that benefit, but the whole economy.
• Promoting internet access for women is much more than an issue of gender equality; it is an essential part of the economic, social and political development of the countries.
It is vital to find ways to empower women to participate in designing, building and leading our shared digital future.
• This will require not only the decision of policy-makers, but also the understanding of societies, and the commitment of leaders
- ICT for inclusive development and women empowerment
- Women’s Digital Inclusion: Global Efforts
- Women’s Digital Inclusion: Regional perspectives
- ICT Policies Section Efforts
• Develop a common vision of the information society and Digital Economy and build capacity in MCs to measure progress in that regard (including gender dimension). • Formulate and implement ICT development policies and strategies (integrating the gender dimension all over the cycle). • Adopt new approaches and technologies for e-services, focusing on e-government and e-participation (with focus on women participation). • Monitor implementation of the conclusions of the WSIS, and the global and Arab IGF Processes (including gender dimension). • Build confidence in technology infrastructure, in particular with regard to privacy and cyber security (including gender dimension and women needs).
Who this course is for:
Dr. SWATI CHAKRABORTY is an Assistant Professor, at the Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University. She is also an Assistant Professor of Human Rights and Women Studies in Team Lease Ed Tech (Formally known as Schoolguru Eduserve Pvt. Ltd.) Dr. Chakraborty is a Writing Fellow, at COMPOSE, Universitas Islam Internasional Indonesia. She is an International Fellow of KAICIID in Lisbon, Portugal. She has done her Ph.D. in Human Rights from the University of Calcutta with the thesis on “RIGHT TO EDUCATION: A study on tribal women of rural West Bengal”. She was attached to National Human Rights Commission, India as a Research Consultant. She is the Founder of “Webplatform4Dialogue” with a series of webinars, talks, and publications. Dr. Chakraborty had good teaching expertise as Lecturer at The English College (School of Management), Calicut, Kerala her special lectures are on Human Values and ethics to Management studies and Dignity and Rights. She is also a member of the executive council at the National Centre for Inclusive Growth and Development Research (NCDR), Mysore. Member of Review Committee of Raj Rajeshwari Journal of Psychological and Educational Research Also she is the editor of books like “Dynamics of Dialogue, Cultural Development, and Peace in the Metaverse”, “Handbook of Dialogue and Development: India-China-EU”, Handbook of Human Rights and Tribal Studies”, “Handbook of Social Media for Digital and Social Inclusion”, “TRIBAL DEVELOPMENT”, “Gender Identity and Roles in India: Issues and Challenges”, “Multidisciplinary Handbook of Social Exclusion and Human Rights” and “Handbook of International Relations: Issues of Human Rights and Foreign Policy Vol. I and Vol II”. Dr. Chakraborty has a wide range of international connections with her network through different seminars, conferences, and workshops.