Wix Web Development
What you'll learn
- How to create a Wix website from a template
- How to add, remove and change pages in a layout
- How to select and change themes applied to a site
- Identify and edit page sections including header, page content and footer
- Understand the Website Editor
- Incorporate Media into a Wix Website
- How to upload and include media files
- How to rearrange sections in the Wix ADI
- Understand the website editor's layers management options
- Use the mobile view to see the mobile version of your site
- How to change sections in the mobile view
- How to use the mobile tools in the website editor
- Learn how to purchase a domain name through Wix
- Understand the upgrade plans available through Wix
- How to publish your site on to the web.
- Other than having internet access and a web browser there are no prerequisites for this course
So you want to create a website?
But, you can't code?
No problem with Wix Web Development. In this course, designer Spencer Reynolds will show you how to create stunning websites using Wix-- a free and fully-featured online web site builder.
And these aren't your basic web sites.
These websites are LOADED with features. Just about anything a coder can do, you can do with Wix, quicker and easier. And with Spencer by your side showing you step-by-step how to accomplish your design, you'll be creating sites like a professional in no time at all. Even if you've tried software like Wix before and found it a bit complex, Spencer makes it easy, showing you all the features that Wix offers. You'll even learn how to buy your own .com domain name and put your site live on the web.
But what good is your site if you none can find it?
We've got that covered! Spencer will even go over registering your domain, putting your site on the web, and making sure the search engines like Google can locate it.
If you've wanted to create a website, but, didn't want to learn to code, Wix Website Development is for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to design websites with Wix
- Designers who want a no-code introduction to web site development
- Small business owners who want to create their own website
Tech Learning Network is a streaming video network that teaches digital skills such as web development, graphic design, and digital productivity. We believe that education should be accessible to all. You can find Tech Learning Network content on Udemy, our website and throughout online video world.
The Tech Learning Network specializes in teaching accessible technical skills to people just getting started in technical careers including web development, digital design, and other career paths enabled by technology.
Looks can be deceiving with Spencer Reynolds. Despite his young appearance, Spencer is actually quite accustomed to development in a variety of fields, including graphic design, game design, and web design. While completing his arts and technology degree, he worked on multiple game development teams and is now bringing his user experience knowledge to the world of web development. Learning from Spencer means learning the freshest and current techniques used in the industry.