Wireshark is the most powerful network analysis tool every coder should know. After you learn it it'll become one of the most important application in your toolbox.
If you are ...
- experienced coder / programmer
- ... or just learning programming
- network administrator
- linux enthusiast
- interested in security and hacking
... this is the course for you!
I have more than 15 years of experience in programming and reverse engineering and I know how much harder my life would be without tool like Wireshark. That's why I've made this course. If I had such edu resources available when I was learning I could leapfrog to the next level and save a lot of time spent on trial and error.
The course is 19 lectures, 60 min of video content in total. It's pure knowledge, straight to the point, stripped of all unimportant crap.
Students so far rate it at 5 out of 5 stars. I'm confident you will not regret the one hour time investment in this course.
Here's what other students said about this course so far:
- Elena Seranova ★★★★★: Impressed! This course def. helped me learn a lot about Wireshark!
- Manuel Kraus ★★★★★: Wireshark is a great tool to analyze and manage your network and this course offers a solid, well-delivered introduction.
- Yin Yin ★★★★★: Great intro to Wireshark! Good reference for Wireshark and great for new comers. A must have for anyone who really wants to get the most from Wireshark.
- Mitch Stevens ★★★★★: Very too the point and helpful. The instructor has great knowledge of the course material and does a great job conveying that to the students.
- Silviu Marisca ★★★★★: This course is brilliant and I truly recommend it
You can read more excellent reviews like that on the bottom of this page.
During this tutorial you'll learn how to use Wireshark sniffer to capture network traffic and then analyse it.
This is beginners course so I'll cover network related terms like TCP and network infrastructure basics.
You will learn how to install and run Wireshark on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux - console only systems.
I'll teach you how to capture network traffic, use capture filters and what is the promiscuous mode. I will also show you how to capture network traffic on remote unix system using command line tool: tshark.
Then, you'll learn captured packets analysis. I will teach you how to use and customize the main Wireshark window, what are dissectors and how are they related to display filters.
You will learn some advanced techniques like extracting files from captured network streams and separating one specific connection from the pcap file.
During the course I will provide you with a lot of external resources where you can learn more about Wireshark and network security in general.
At the very end, as a bonus session, I will show you practical example of capturing a password sent over HTTP connection.