Learning Business Contracts for Beginners
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop the rock-solid, plain-English contracts you need to protect your organization and personal assets.
- Understand common legal terms and weed through the complicated legalese of contracts you're likely to see in the course of running your business.
- Understand what to look for and how to negotiate key conditions for those times when you're asked to sign someone else’s contract.
- Sleep better at night knowing that you’ve minimized your risk and protected yourself.
- Nothing-- this is an introductory course to business contracts.
Contracts are the lifeblood of most businesses. Unfortunately, too many people sign them without really understanding what they mean.
Taught by a business attorney nationally recognized as one of the best in the country, this course will teach you everything you need to know to minimize your risk, protect your company and create win-win situations when drafting, negotiating, and signing business contracts. You will learn the basics of business contracts including:
- How to decode and understand often confusing legal terms.
- How to personally craft your own contract
- What to look for and negotiate when signing the other guy’s contract.
This is the course that you need to take in order to make sure that you and your company are protected, that you get what you want, and that you can sleep at night without anxiety about your contract.
- This course is designed for business owners, decision makers, key personnel and anyone involved in contract review in industry who wants to review, negotiate, draft, and sign business contracts with confidence.
Even if they understand the words on the page, most business owners never learn the strategy behind drafting and negotiating a solid contract. In this module students will learn to think about their agreements strategically by understanding the nature of risk and learning to ask the two questions most important to drafting a winning contract.
Students will learn the critical importance of identifying the correct parties to a contract and the best way to provide what each side must do in order to fully perform its obligations. In addition, students will also learn how to draft a contract to protect their interests if the other side does not perform as promised.
Business owners often have to sign the other side's contract. In this module, students will learn how to negotiate on the other side's turf. They will learn to negotiate critical provisions and how to analyze their risk even when dealing with the most densely worded, arcane agreements.
Students will be able to test their knowledge and understanding of business contracts by analyzing a real-life example of the kind of contract they may very well see in real life (but hope not to). They will be able to read an example of both a poorly written contract and a well written, easy to understand contract, with comments provided to take the mystery out of the problems they will encounter.
Want to streamline your operations, reduce legal fees and save a few trees in the bargain? Consider using a Master Contract. In this bonus module, we’ll explore the pros, cons, tricks and traps of Master Contracts – what to put into yours and what to look out for when you’re asked to sign someone else’s.