Winning College Scholarships
What you'll learn
- After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- Win college scholarships, regardless of your grades, test scores, athletic ability or family income
- Target the very best scholarships sources available, and not waste precious time on other scholarship opportunities
- Identify your own personal qualities and interests that can help you earn scholarships and grants
- Leverage your family ties in smart ways that lead to scholarships
- Tap into "extra" sources of institutional aid offered by colleges and universities
- Use technology to make your scholarship hunt faster and easier
- Streamline the scholarship application process by creating two all-important, proven documents that help win scholarships
- No special materials or software are required; only a willingness to learn!
Millions of students dream of winning college scholarships to help pay for the college or university of their dreams. But getting scholarships in recent years has become increasingly competitive, difficult and time-consuming, just like the college admissions process.
This course shows interested parties – including students of all ages, parents, mentors, high school counselors and college access professionals – exactly how to give students an advantage in the hunt for college scholarships. The course explains, with real-life examples and practical advice, not just how to win more free money for college, but also how to make the scholarship process faster, easier, more targeted and less stressful.
The instructor is a nationally known finance expert who draws upon her professional and personal experiences in guiding her own daughter toward winning more than $500,000 in college scholarships.
Take this information-packed course and you'll gain access to 20 lectures, including 12 videos lasting about one-hour in total, and 8 brief articles and resources that you can read, download, customize and use in your own search for scholarships. The downloads and additional reading materials provided will focus your scholarship hunt and help you earn the scholarships, grants and other resources you need to pay for college – and not have to take out huge student loans.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for high school students and their parents who are looking for scholarships as a way to lower college costs
- This course would also be tremendously valuable for
- - high school guidance counselors that advise teens preparing for college
- - college prep and college advocacy professionals who work with 9th through 12th graders
- - community advocates who help college-bound students from low-to-moderate income families
- - current college students looking for scholarships to help them complete their studies
- This course is not as relevant for middle school and elementary school students who are many years away from attending college. However, it can still help younger students or their parents who want to better plan
- This course is not designed to tell students specific names of scholarships they should pursue (whether private or third-party scholarships, corporate scholarships or institutional scholarships from colleges and universities). However, one course resource is a list of scholarships for those of all ages and grades.
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach, is a personal finance expert, speaker, TV and radio personality, and the author of number books, including the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom. Lynnette once had $100,000 in credit card debt, before paying it all off in three years and turning her financial life around.
Since then, she has appeared on such national TV programs as The Oprah Winfrey Show, Steve Harvey, The Today Show, Dr. Phil, The Dr. Oz Show and Good Morning America, sharing her success story and teaching millions about proper money management. Her specialty topics are managing credit and debt wisely, saving money, and paying for college without student loans.
An award-winning financial news journalist, and former Wall Street Journal reporter for CNBC, Lynnette has also been featured in top newspapers including the Washington Post, USA TODAY, and the New York Times, as well as magazines ranging from Forbes and Redbook to Black Enterprise and Time.
Lynnette can frequently be seen as a guest commentator on CNN, FOX Business Network and MSNBC. She also utilizes her more than two decades of media experience to provide media coaching, media training and media consulting services to a range of experts, authors, executives and other individuals and organizations.