Manage By The Numbers for High Performance Entrepreneurs
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll learn how you already have the innate skills to read and understand the meaning behind the numbers
- The three key financial statements and why you need to review all three regularly to fully understand what is and isn’t working in your business
- How to read your financials like a book that tells you a story of your business, enabling you to have more confidence about your business and your plans for the future
- Why having your books set up only for tax purposes is keeping you from getting the insights about your business that you need to make informed decisions and how to talk to your accountant to get it done in the way that helps you best
- How just one financial statement can tell you which product or service lines are the most profitable, how many sales you need to hit a profit target, what volume of sales you can afford to lose with a price increase, what volume of sales you need to gain to cover a discount, how productive your people are and whether your business is operating more or less effectively over time
- How poor cash management can lead to bankruptcy even if you are highly profitable
- How to discover where you cash goes and how to forecast your cash so you can avoid decisions that will leave you cash strapped
- This course assumes no prior knowledge
- You should have access to Microsoft Excel for either Windows or Mac as the Awesome Financial Dashboard you get as part of this course is built in Excel. (You’ll have to enable Macros when you open it)
- You should have a desire and willingness to play the game of entrepreneurship at an all-new level
- And you should make a commitment to using your business as a force for good.
This is one of a series of courses in the High Performance Entrepreneur series designed for business owners who are serious about growth, who are prepared to run their business like a business and who understand that better information will lead to better decisions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to combine your own intuition as an entrepreneur with objective information that your business provides to make better decisions and to take more confident action.
By the end of this course, you will be able to identify which product or service lines are the most profitable and you’ll know your break-even and profit break-even.
By the end of this course, you will know how to use a proprietary financial dashboard that gives you rapid and clear insights into the trends in your business, whether those trends are healthy or not and whether the business is in a healthy state at any point in time.
By the end of this course, you’ll know where your cash goes and you’ll be able to forecast your cash flows into the future, using a simple cash flow projection tool.
Because I’ve been working with entrepreneurs in one form or another since 1996, I understand how busy you are and how your time is often interrupted. So, I’ve kept each video short, focused, clear, direct and focused on what actually works.
Your business and your ability to lead it will begin to improve right away!
If you want greater confidence and control, more certainty about what you should be focusing on, higher levels of accountability and accelerated growth, register for this course now. Become a High Performance Entrepreneur!
- I have worked with business owners from start up to $200 million in revenues. In that time, I’ve seen that there are entrepreneurs at all stages of development who struggle to understand their numbers. So the ideas and tools made available in this course are helpful and applicable for any of the following who either don’t understand their numbers, don’t use their numbers or gauge their success only by how much money they have in the bank. This can include:
- Experienced business owners with 100+ employees and executive teams
- Members of executive teams in entrepreneurial organizations
- Owners of smaller/medium businesses with only one or two other senior people
- ➢ Owners of small business who need guidance and help because they are making all their own decisions, often without a framework for doing so
Here you will be introduced to your instructor and to your own skills. At the end of this session, you'll know that you have the innate abilities to do this work. You'll know that you have no need to be afraid or feel incapable of dealing with your financials.
This is a quick introduction to the different financial statements and a discussion about how you might be using them now.
In this session, you'll see how the 3 statements combine to tell you the story of your business and how, if you miss one, you'll miss part of the story. You'll also learn the #1 rule of interpretation so you can start to understand what your numbers are telling you.
As part of this course, you get access to a powerful dashboard that does a ton of analysis for you. There is a later video that shows the details of how to use it. This just introduces the portion dealing with the P&L. We also, in this video, do a deep dive case study into how the P&L tells you a story of the business.
Should I hire that new person? Can I invest in that piece of equipment or in that new campaign? If you're not projecting your cash flows, you may be leaving yourself vulnerable or not making wise investments out of fear. Projecting cash flows increases our certainty and your confidence. Use the tool provided to help.